new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on twitter that Etihad will not be on training kits and that we might be getting new one like Nissan. Just like rags had DHL. Not bad considering FFP.

ManCityX said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne's own goal said:
I've never understood what's - apparently - so wrong. People wear t-shirts. City's shirt is a t-shirt with our colours & club badge on it. What's so sad about wearing a t-shirt with your beloved club's colours & badge?
genuine question.

I have no genuine answer, either, to be honest.

It's perhaps sadder that we seem to have grown adults not just debating a t-shirt which simply has the club colours and crest on it, they actually want it to be the height of fashion, too?

Kids and young adults perhaps get away with it a bit more, as generally they are in better health.

As a uniform for any professional sports team, the sight of overweight adults letting it all hang out with a pie in one hand, fag in mouth and pint in the other, just makes me smile.

You can make exceptions for Wembley, as that's a day out and for fancy dress;)

In reference to my previous post, you're the user making the most detailed posts in the entire thread. Perhaps you should follow your own advise and leave rather than try to convey such a superior approach? Very sad.

Even sadder, I was asked a question, which I did the courtesy of replying to, and yet you now cite me for expanding on the opinion I have?

One which I admitted in the first instance was 'my stuffy opinion'.

Unbelievable!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
ManCityX said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's perhaps sadder that we seem to have grown adults not just debating a t-shirt which simply has the club colours and crest on it, they actually want it to be the height of fashion, too?

Kids and young adults perhaps get away with it a bit more, as generally they are in better health.

As a uniform for any professional sports team, the sight of overweight adults letting it all hang out with a pie in one hand, fag in mouth and pint in the other, just makes me smile.

In reference to my previous post, you're the user making the most detailed posts in the entire thread. Perhaps you should follow your own advise and leave rather than try to convey such a superior approach? Very sad.

Even sadder, I was asked a question, which I did the courtesy of replying to, and yet you now cite me for expanding on the opinion I have?

Unbelievable!

I had yet to see your response when my second message was written. I probably should have just edited the original.

To be honest, you probably think I'm having a go but I'm just pointing out that users should be able to discuss what they want (within reason).

ManCityX said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
ManCityX said:

Unbelievable!

I had yet to see your response when my second message was written. I probably should have just edited the original.

To be honest, you probably think I'm having a go but I'm just pointing out that users should be able to discuss what they want (within reason).

Fair do's. One man's junk is another's gold.

I'm off to the what you having for dinner thread?

Last question, please tell me the home shirt will be blue again;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
ManCityX said:
You have to wonder why people with apparently zero interest in the subject are:

1. Reading the thread
2. Posting in the thread

Fair point, although as the second largest thread on Blue Moon, outside of Yaya, I wondered if something significant had taken place.

I'm here because I searched your posts to see if there are any transfer updates. So you're to blame TH

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
ManCityX said:
You have to wonder why people with apparently zero interest in the subject are:

1. Reading the thread
2. Posting in the thread

Fair point, although as the second largest thread on Blue Moon, outside of Yaya, I wondered if something significant had taken place.

I'm here because I searched your posts to see if there are any transfer updates. So you're to blame TH

You don't work for Google, Hombre?

Not trying to socially condition me, see how I react to stalking?

Shit, we've added another two pages to this thread.

As you were, chaps and ladies.

Just glancing back through the last few comments is a big disappointment – Tolmie especially!
\Why can't people grasp the fact - it's nothing to do with what a fan likes to wear... whether it be a pot-bellied middle-aged man, or a kid – it's about how the players look and about the identity of the team.
If you don't mind us being pissed about with kits like a league 3 team, then fair enough!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Seriously, how has this thread sparked so much debate?

I remember giving a shit until I was about 16-17.

We could play in lime green and as long as we were winning, that's all I want.

Just my stuffy opinion, but seems a little sad seeing grown men wear football strips?

And looks even worse on women wanting to be 'one of the lads', with pint to boot.

I understand some wearing the retro stuff, but new kits? Leave it to the kids.

============
Bollocks... not having that! Understand your sentiment about on field performances and agree... apart from the above any colour will do nonsense...

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Just my stuffy opinion, but seems a little sad seeing grown men wear football strips?

And looks even worse on women wanting to be 'one of the lads', with pint to boot.

============
Bollocks... not having that! Understand your sentiment about on field performances and agree... apart from the above any colour will do nonsense...

We weren't far off lime green in the 99 Play-off final.

And who can forget that traditional orange number we had under Hughes!

As long as the home shirt is blue, that'll do me.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne's own goal said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I've never understood what's - apparently - so wrong. People wear t-shirts. City's shirt is a t-shirt with our colours & club badge on it. What's so sad about wearing a t-shirt with your beloved club's colours & badge?
genuine question.

Thanks for taking the time to answer mate. & feel free to smile at me as I like to wear them! ;) (though my favourite is my lucky sky blue polo)
anyway I think the whole thing has blown out of proportion in every way & lots of opinions are in fact exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.