new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain it is the US National Team Centennial template from last year with only the triangle patch sewn over the bottom of the collar. Nike were looking to manufacture with little to no retooling or production adjustment to maximise the sales margin.

Seems I am in the minority now, though, judging by the City Voice poll at the end of my survey.

SebastianBlue said:
I still maintain it is the US National Team Centennial template from last year with only the triangle patch sewn over the bottom of the collar. Nike were looking to manufacture with little to no retooling or production adjustment to maximise the sales margin.

Seems I am in the minority now, though, judging by the City Voice poll at the end of my survey.

its definitely an existing template, you didn't really think Nike could have come up with a unique, new design do you? lol

invisableman said:
I was one of the lucky 11 who got the shirt yesterday, it's a big improvement on last seasons quality wise, the material is very soft and more like the ones umbro produced.

If that is the case then I'm sold!

GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:

its definitely an existing template, you didn't really think Nike could have come up with a unique, new design do you? lol

Of course not, but you and I are the only ones that care. ;-)

SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:

tbh ... i dont give a fuck anymore. If i'm just a 'sheep' .... i'm just a sheep trotting the other direction away from the CityStore.

Just been to the City Store in the city centre and had a look and feel of the new kit.

The shirt is 3rd behind the 09/10 home and sash away shirt in terms of my favourite City shirts. It looks really really smart in person. I've not been a fan of what Nike have given us so far but I have to hold my hands up and say that they have delivered here.

Admittedly I'm not a fan of the blue shorts and with there being no white, the whole blue image is a bit much.

The shirt though is miles better than last season's effort and is much better than the last two home shirts we got from Umbro. Even 'that' shield is better this year as the shade of blue blends in with the rest of the kit.

An 8/10 effort for me and it'd be a 9/10 with white shorts ;)

SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:

I care!

For me we should be:
SKY
WHITE
NAVY

The style of the trim/collar/coughs can all change season on season no problem. The socks can also change colour if they want, doesn't have to be just navy, maybe sky sometime, but never white. But for me the shirt should always be sky and the shorts should always be white.

But i am actually liking the shirt and socks design, and altogether this kit looks quite nice. Don't agree with the sky shorts but it does actually look like a nice kit; just not Manchester City to me.

I actually want our badge to change more than i want to see the sky-white-navy as a constant. I really dislike our badge!

GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:

tbh ... i dont give a fuck anymore. If i'm just a 'sheep' .... i'm just a sheep trotting the other direction away from the CityStore.

Well, we're our own herd, then.

nmc said:
invisableman said:
I was one of the lucky 11 who got the shirt yesterday, it's a big improvement on last seasons quality wise, the material is very soft and more like the ones umbro produced.

Congratulations. Did you have a good day?

I had an amazing day thank you, still can't believe I got chosen, even on arrival I had no idea we were prize winners. I spotted the citytv crew as i walked into the main reception,then Lakey and chappy appeared and announced we were getting shown around on an exclusive tour.
I didn't know city had launched the shirt online and was hoping we was gonna get a sneaky peak of it, i even asked chappy in reception if he could tell me when it was out, little did I know we would all be given one. I felt like a kid again when I seen my shirt hung up in the home dressing room, they treated us so well and even put on a special breakfast in the chairmans suite afterwards.
I still don't know how they knew our sizes etc, head is still spinning, how do you win a competition without entering one, amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.