new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having a look of it in the city centre store it's definitely a nice quality shirt and the shop assistant agreed it's not the same as the horrid kits of last year that pulled so easily.

Going onto the Goalkeeper kits she said there will also be a purple one that Joe Hart will wear but this probably won't go on sale.

Asked her about our third shirt and she didn't know anything about the design.

weeman19_89 said:
After having a look of it in the city centre store it's definitely a nice quality shirt and the shop assistant agreed it's not the same as the horrid kits of last year that pulled so easily.

Going onto the Goalkeeper kits she said there will also be a purple one that Joe Hart will wear but this probably won't go on sale.

Asked her about our third shirt and she didn't know anything about the design.
I hope its not made out of recycled plastic bottles like last year's. I like the new one, much better.

NO BLUE SHORTS - The Mirror reports on a story regarding a protest poll against the new Manchester City first team kit for the coming season. Being a bit of a traditionalist, I rather support the idea that we should retain our Sky Blue and White colours which has been part and parcel of manchester City's history since the year dot.
It's one thing to use the annual change of style and fashion for the various kits for 'Home' and 'Away etc. as a money making scam to exhort more money from gullible supporters each year, but on principle, a stand should be made to conserve our identity regardless of the wishes of our owners and their sponsorship
I don't care what shirts the supporters wear because I'm strictly a scarf and hat man, but I believe our team should represent City in it's traditional colours

Eastlands said:
NO BLUE SHORTS - The Mirror reports on a story regarding a protest poll against the new Manchester City first team kit for the coming season. Being a bit of a traditionalist, I rather support the idea that we should retain our Sky Blue and White colours which has been part and parcel of manchester City's history since the year dot.
It's one thing to use the annual change of style and fashion for the various kits for 'Home' and 'Away etc. as a money making scam to exhort more money from gullible supporters each year, but on principle, a stand should be made to conserve our identity regardless of the wishes of our owners and their sponsorship
I don't care what shirts the supporters wear because I'm strictly a scarf and hat man, but I believe our team should represent City in it's traditional colours

I completely agree with you mate. Be careful though, some mods disagree with your view, so there's every chance they'll lock the thread. We've had blue shorts before, you see.

Eastlands said:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/no-blue-shorts-mcfc-keep-our-shorts-white" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... orts-white</a>

I was sold eventually on the shirt but am watching the West Ham game and we must have some white in the kit
I know it doesn't matter at this stage but that is how i feel,it's the wrong decision to have no white at all

Eastlands said:
This is exactly the point here. Identity and recognition of the team on the field. Not how a portly forty year old looks in blue shorts!

Oh please stop going on and on and on about "I don't like the shorts" "not enough white" "wrong shade of blue". What bloody difference does it make. If it was green or red I'd understand. We are a football team that wear blue, it's blue....forget about. Liverpool are sometimes red/yellow and sometimes red/white, rags sometimes red/black sometimes red/white....we are sometimes blue/white or sometimes like now blue/navy.
Last thread moaning about shorts was locked (and rightly so) because frankly it was embarrassing, now please mods do the same and lock this thread because these precious, precious people won't give up. We all wondered what the kit was, now we seen it...close thread.

As a matter of fact, of the last 30 years of Manchester City kits we have worn blue shorts 10 of the thirty seasons, so it's not that bloody rare or alien to us

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Oh please stop going on and on and on about "I don't like the shorts" "not enough white" "wrong shade of blue". What bloody difference does it make. If it was green or red I'd understand. We are a football team that wear blue, it's blue....forget about. Liverpool are sometimes red/yellow and sometimes red/white, rags sometimes red/black sometimes red/white....we are sometimes blue/white or sometimes like now blue/navy.
Last thread moaning about shorts was locked (and rightly so) because frankly it was embarrassing, now please mods do the same and lock this thread because these precious, precious people won't give up. We all wondered what the kit was, now we seen it...close thread.

As a matter of fact, of the last 30 years of Manchester City kits we have worn blue shorts 10 of the thirty seasons, so it's not that bloody rare or alien to us

Agreed!

Some of you people need to follow some Leeds fans on social media, it brings back so many memories. Leeds fans have got problems worth moaning about, whereas some of you have got some serious first world problems.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.