new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
Finally rejoined this three and what do I find?

WTF are they playing at?

Blue shirt with WHITE trim please, with some strong degree of white about the lower parts, if not the shorts, then a lot of of trim.

We appear to have gone for the worst of all worlds unless I'm mistaken by putting us in the top to bottom single colour outfit.
It reminds me of f*cking pyjamas for god's sake, it's like a romper suit or those unimaginative cheap nylon job lots of 'same colour for everything cheapest stuff you got' that you used to get for Sunday League.

Always loved playing American Football against teams with same colour pants shirts socks and helmets as it gave me the impression they were slow, soft and sh*t.
Sorry; can you repeat that? I'm a bit hard of hearing.

When the neutral fan glances at the screen and sees a team in all blue, they will not recognize them as City.

Brand, team recognition. That's the biggest mistake Nike has made here with City.

United always look unmistakably united. Same with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs..

City? Especially with the all navy trim, this is a big departure from the image of City.

I think this season will just be looked back on as a kit mistake by Nike.

Not a huge fan of this season's kit but at the same time, I happen to like a little variation from season to season. Football is unique because of kit changes season to season, after a while, you can only tweak the same shirt, shorts and socks combo so many times. I hate using this comparison, but look at united's current kit, it looks almost EXACTLY like their kit from 11/12... Maybe nike is lazy (highly likely) but also, maintaining a "identity" is restricting. When people look at our team, they see sky blue and iconic players like Kun, Kompany, Yaya and Silva, ect... As long as we stay blue and have world class players, outsiders won't have any trouble recognizing just who we are.

Finally rejoined this thread and what do I find?

WTF are they playing at?

Blue shirt with WHITE trim please, with some strong degree of white about the lower parts, if not the shorts, then a lot of of trim.

We appear to have gone for the worst of all worlds unless I'm mistaken by putting us in the top to bottom single colour outfit.
It reminds me of f*cking pyjamas for god's sake, it's like a romper suit or those unimaginative cheap nylon job lots of 'same colour for everything cheapest stuff you got' that you used to get for Sunday League.

Always loved playing American Football against teams with same colour pants shirts socks and helmets as it gave me the impression they were slow, soft and sh*t.
Yes. This x4.

gwt said:
Finally rejoined this thread and what do I find?

WTF are they playing at?

Yes. This x4.

If you ask me, it smacks of subterfuge. No coincidence that the rags decide to leave for Adidas for a record contract at precisely the same time as Nike turn out this abomination. They can't stop us with FFP so now we've locked ourselves into the relationship they've agreed that Nike throw themselves under the bus in an attempt to bring us down with them. It's like watching Quantum of Solace.

dario2739 said:
GeekinGav said:
From reading these threads over the years, the general consensus seems to be:

100% want sky blue shirts

95% prefer white shorts
5% prefer blue shorts

40% prefer sky blue socks
40% prefer navy socks
10% prefer white socks

I agree the era you grew up with has a huge influence on which you prefer. My guess is out of the 5% who prefer blue shorts, 99% of them were born in the early 70s.

if The White Shorts Party are going to woman about something, they have to woman properly.

is it ....

White Shorts with Blue Trim?
White Shorts with Navy Trim?
White Shorts with Maroon Trim?
White Shorts with Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Blue and Navy Trim?
White Shorts with Blue and Maroon Trim?
White Shorts with Blue and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Navy and Maroon Trim?
White Shorts with Navy and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Maroon and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Blue, Navy and Maroon Trim?
White Shorts with Blue, Navy and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Blue, Maroon and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Navy, Maroon and Gold Trim?
White Shorts with Blue, Navy, Maroon and Gold Trim?

and ..... is it .....

Blue Socks with White Trim?
Blue Socks with Navy Trim?
Blue Socks with Maroon Trim?
Blue Socks with Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with White and Navy Trim?
Blue Socks with White and Maroon Trim?
Blue Socks with White and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with Navy and Maroon Trim?
Blue Socks with Navy and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with Maroon and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with White, Navy and Maroon Trim?
Blue Socks with White, Navy and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with White, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with Navy, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Blue Socks with White, Navy, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with White Trim?
Navy Socks with Blue Trim?
Navy Socks with Maroon Trim?
Navy Socks with Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with White and Blue Trim?
Navy Socks with White and Maroon Trim?
Navy Socks with White and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with Blue and Maroon Trim?
Navy Socks with Blue and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with Maroon and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with White, Blue and Maroon Trim?
Navy Socks with White, Blue and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with White, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with Blue, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Navy Socks with White, Blue, Maroon and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with White Trim?
Maroon Socks with Blue Trim?
Maroon Socks with Navy Trim?
Maroon Socks with Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with White and Blue Trim?
Maroon Socks with White and Navy Trim?
Maroon Socks with White and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with Blue and Navy Trim?
Maroon Socks with Blue and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with Navy and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with White, Blue and Navy Trim?
Maroon Socks with White, Blue and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with White, Navy and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with Blue, Navy and Gold Trim?
Maroon Socks with White, Blue, Navy and Gold Trim?

.... seeing how its all sounding pathetic now??

Cant change things this season and it'll be white next season regardless. We know a lot think white. We know a lot don't give a fuck. Keep going on about the colour of the kit then 'Full Kit Wankers' will evolve into a new sub-species before long.

The only thing that sounds pathetic is this post mate – and frankly i'm pretty disappointed coming from you!
I've noticed you've posted quite a few smart badge designs on other threads – so you find a debate about the very image of our team and club pathetic, yet taking the time to create badges that, let's face it, the club will never use... you don't see as pathetic – if not just a total waste of time?

The other really, really disappointing thing is that you bring up the "full kit wankers" gem! Why the fuck can people not grasp that it isn't anything to do with the fans, or whether or not fans chose to wear the shirt, full kit, City branded thong – It's purely about WHAT THE TEAM WEAR – it's purely about OUR CLUB'S IMAGE AND BRAND!
The problem with this seasons kit isn't the shirt – in the flesh it's actually very nice. The problem is City's colours are Sky Blue and White – and there's no White in the new kit!
It's been stressed over and over, but will we see Liverpool's kit next season with white shorts and socks? NO!
Will the Rags new Adidas kit be red shirts, red shorts and red socks with black trim? NO!
We all know... and football fans worldwide all know exactly what their kits will be next season... and the season after that ad infinitum – It's their identity, their brand, they settled on it in the mid to late 60's and haven't changed it since... not once (and special Euro kits don't count!)
Now take our identity – it's a fuck up! But the club is trying to establish itself now as one of the World's biggest football clubs, with the aim of being THE biggest – we need to get our identity sorted... It should, without fail be SKY BLUE SHIRTS and WHITE SHORTS! The socks are contentious, I give you that – but again we should pick a colour - Sky Blue, White or Navy and stick with it![/quote]

Superb post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.