new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
levets said:
At least they responded... after 3 weeks...

===============================

Dear *******,

Thank you for taking the time to email us with your comments about the new club kit. As a club, we take all fan feedback seriously and will pass this message on to the relevant team internally, as well as sharing with our kit manufacturer Nike.

Regards,

Gavin

Sent: 30 June 2014 13:08
To: mcfc
Subject: Hideous

Dear MCFC

I don’t normally send emails of this nature, however I am compelled to on this occasion

As a supporter for over 45 years, if this is, as reported the new home kit; Then the designers and whoever approved it should hang their head in shame.

It is hideous, there is nothing ‘MCFC’ about it… Perhaps Coventry?

Where is the white ? As the club anthem states….. “Blue & White they go together, we will carry on for evermore”

I’m so disappointed and will not be buying it for myself or kids.

Please tell me this is an internet fake?

Regards

I got the exact email from Gavin too.

Three weeks later for a copy and pasted message - brilliant.

Jutt said:
TonyM said:
I thought it was going to be like the Umbro material but it's not. Again it has the hard cardboard badge. Save myself €65 which is good for me but bad for our revenue. All the rest of the Nike jerseys I saw in the same shop were the same. Someone at Nike needs to do some research into what people want to pay money for.

To be fair, Nike is in the business of making shirts that perform the best for the players, not fans.

Plus I think they know what people will pay for as they seem quite successful.

blueunit said:
levets said:

Dear *******,

Thank you for taking the time to email us with your comments about the new club kit. As a club, we take all fan feedback seriously and will pass this message on to the relevant team internally, as well as sharing with our kit manufacturer Nike.

Regards,

Gavin

Dear MCFC

I don’t normally send emails of this nature, however I am compelled to on this occasion

As a supporter for over 45 years, if this is, as reported the new home kit; Then the designers and whoever approved it should hang their head in shame.

Where is the white ? As the club anthem states….. “Blue & White they go together, we will carry on for evermore”

Regards

I got the very same reply. I was impressed I got a reply at all. Hate the new kit but it will only be around until next summer - when hopefully it will improve. You always have the choice not to buy it. Do think the club needs to be more respectful of our core colors.

blueparrot said:
Jutt said:
TonyM said:
I thought it was going to be like the Umbro material but it's not. Again it has the hard cardboard badge. Save myself €65 which is good for me but bad for our revenue. All the rest of the Nike jerseys I saw in the same shop were the same. Someone at Nike needs to do some research into what people want to pay money for.

To be fair, Nike is in the business of making shirts that perform the best for the players, not fans.

Plus I think they know what people will pay for as they seem quite successful.
Agreed. I prefer Nike products for my gear. My footballing boots are nike as are my socks and shorts etc. Holds up much better than Adidas or Under Armour imo.

Looks better too.

1.618034 said:
levets said:

Dear *******,

Regards,

Gavin

Dear MCFC

Regards

I knew it!!!

;-)

...... my secret is out ....... doh!!

My kids usually buy the complete kit. Unfortunately the blue shorts are just a poor design choice and we wont be supporting this.

If Nike/the club they just introduced a white short option I'm sure it would sell well.

Was it Nike that introduced the "tea towel" for the rags a couple of seasons back?

It's incredible to think such important decisions are clearly not adequately researched.

To be honest....
It's a kit for crying out loud.
It's not the history of the club, it's not the heart of the club,

WE ARE

Players dont work their other job then jump on the bus to travel with us to the game anymore.
Most of them aren't even from this country, but following this traditional kit logic, we shouldn't have players that who have no affiliation with the club.

It's 2014
The players are mostly mercenaries, the kits are now '3 new ones every season' rip offs.
Nobody gives a toss about tradition other than the fans.
It's a just a job to the players and management, nothing more.

We have City in our veins. Whether that's wearing light blue, lazer blue, yellow or silver., its what the club means to us that is important, not what ever piece of advertising shite they happen to be covered in this season.

The shirts will start dropping in price around Christmas time, and then, this time next year we'll have exactly the same debate on here about the 3 new kits. They'll no doubt be the 'we are returning to the traditional white shorts due to requests from the fans - who we listen to, if they pay £35 a season to become 'Cityzens' - Shite.

I'm sorry for those parents who suffer pressure from their kids wanting the kits, I understand that - but the rest of you, c'mon. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Wear the one you did like or get the 'Score Draw ' ones.

Turn the news on, there are some terrible things going on in the world, it not really that important, is it ?

blueunit said:
levets said:

Dear *******,

Regards,

Gavin

Dear MCFC

Regards

I too got same e mail

Can someone please explain to me how clubs decide on their away kit designs?

I only started following football a few years ago, but I've easily noticed that although their are traditions followed in away kits, they tend to be pretty inconsistent season to season. So why is it that so many fans are getting so upset by a minor tweak to our shorts color?

Umedaman said:
Can someone please explain to me how clubs decide on their away kit designs?

I only started following football a few years ago, but I've easily noticed that although their are traditions followed in away kits, they tend to be pretty inconsistent season to season. So why is it that so many fans are getting so upset by a minor tweak to our shorts color?

Because the shorts are the home kit and our tradition home colors are sky blue shirt white shorts blue/navy socks

Traditionally our away kits are red and black stripes or maroon
However fans can deal with away kits changing designs and colours as they dont get worn very often and clubs are really identified by away kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.