new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
dario2739 said:
6one said:
All those going on about navy:

Why didn't you sing "so and so's blue and navy army"?

Cos last time I checked, navy is a shade of blue!

And/or a very large collection of military nautical vessels.

jimbo101 said:
dario2739 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
dont quote me but have read 2 nd week in july somewhere.

It will probably be when we go to the USA again.

As for our kit - keep getting a lot of comments on here "don't care... it's not a fashion show... as long as it's a sky blue shirt!"
Thing is, while some people think it's a trivial matter – it really isn't!
Like it or not, a football club's kit is part of it's brand – arguably it's most important as it's how they are recognised the world over.

Take the illustration below – a simplistic image of a handful of the world's biggest teams. You know who they are without having to be told...

24xp0k6.jpg

Good post, but why is there a Wimbledon kit in there?

I love the Boca Juniors one!

Bruun said:
jimbo101 said:
dario2739 said:

As for our kit - keep getting a lot of comments on here "don't care... it's not a fashion show... as long as it's a sky blue shirt!"
Like it or not, a football club's kit is part of it's brand – arguably it's most important as it's how they are recognised the world over.

Take the illustration below – a simplistic image of a handful of the world's biggest teams. You know who they are without having to be told...

24xp0k6.jpg

Good post, but why is there a Wimbledon kit in there?

I love the Boca Juniors one!

leeds are hardly the global superpower they once were...

dario2739 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
HellasLEAF said:
is there at least news of an unveiling date?

24xp0k6.jpg

It seems that (for English teams especially) the early sixties was a time when a club defined it's kit – since then have you ever seen Liverpool wear white shorts or socks? Have United ever wore red shirts? Barca have dabbled with differing short/sock colours but their kit is unique enough to never appear different.

Then you come to us... which one are we..?

5zk0ia.jpg

I think the club needs to define a strip and stick with it... so that when you show a picture like this to anybody around the world they would say with certainty "that's Man City", not "well it could be Lazio or Napoli, or maybe even Coventry!"
We were the original Sky Blue club (as far as I can see) so let's make that proud tradition a strong statement and strong identifiable brand!
Third one in SKY-WHITE-NAVY is the one that should be MCFC.

They're the three colours we've had more than any other in our history. No other team in the world has that combo as far as i know. It has a bit of something individual like Chelsea do with their white socks and United do with their black; you look at them and you see Chelsea/United...you look at us with our ever changing combos in recent years and i see Coventry, Racing(Argentina), Zenit, Celta, Lazio, Napoli...when for 75 years of our 120 year history as MCFC we have been SKY-WHITE-NAVY and when i see that combo in those pics above it just says Manchester City FC to me more than any of the others.

KippaxCitizen said:
dario2739 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:

24xp0k6.jpg

It seems that (for English teams especially) the early sixties was a time when a club defined it's kit – since then have you ever seen Liverpool wear white shorts or socks? Have United ever wore red shirts? Barca have dabbled with differing short/sock colours but their kit is unique enough to never appear different.

5zk0ia.jpg

I think the club needs to define a strip and stick with it... so that when you show a picture like this to anybody around the world they would say with certainty "that's Man City", not "well it could be Lazio or Napoli, or maybe even Coventry!"
We were the original Sky Blue club (as far as I can see) so let's make that proud tradition a strong statement and strong identifiable brand!

They're the three colours we've had more than any other in our history. No other team in the world has that combo as far as i know. It has a bit of something individual like Chelsea do with their white socks and United do with their black; you look at them and you see Chelsea/United...you look at us with our ever changing combos in recent years and i see Coventry, Racing(Argentina), Zenit, Celta, Lazio, Napoli...when for 75 years of our 120 year history as MCFC we have been SKY-WHITE-NAVY and when i see that combo in those pics above it just says Manchester City FC to me more than any of the others.

Is the right answer.

Shaelumstash said:
KippaxCitizen said:
dario2739 said:

24xp0k6.jpg

5zk0ia.jpg

Is the right answer.
According to historical football kits , nearly every club had dark socks up to the 1930s and beyond,including Chelsea, both liverpool sides, and arsenal. Coventry only went sky blue in the 60s. so light blue and white for me thank you.

Shaelumstash said:
KippaxCitizen said:
dario2739 said:

24xp0k6.jpg

Sky Blue and white with navy shorts for me

5zk0ia.jpg

Is the right answer.

I agree this kit was one of my favourites as was the one after even though it had a navy trim collar

8788small.jpg

5zk0ia.jpg

Has to be Number 1 or 4 for me, as counted from left to right.

However, agree....we need to pick one and stick with it.

Shirt: Sky. Blue with WHITE trim
Shorts: White
Socks: ??? (Apparently a cause for heated debate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.