new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChicagoBlue said:
5zk0ia.jpg

Has to be Number 1 or 4 for me, as counted from left to right.

However, agree....we need to pick one and stick with it.

Shirt: Sky. Blue with WHITE trim
Shorts: White
Socks: ??? (Apparently a cause for heated debate!)

Heated socks???? typical of the modern footballer!

ChicagoBlue said:
5zk0ia.jpg

Has to be Number 1 or 4 for me, as counted from left to right.

However, agree....we need to pick one and stick with it.

Shirt: Sky. Blue with WHITE trim
Shorts: White
Socks: ??? (Apparently a cause for heated debate!)
I'm with you chicagoblue, makes us look more like er ........ " champions"

yakzson_ctid.Si said:
Should we have a separate topic on the history of the Manchester City kit and leave this for New Kit 14/15

I think you're missing the point. The reason people bring up the kits we've previously worn is because they care about the history and identity of the club. The 14/15 kit will be a huge part of our identity for next season, so a lot of fans want our history to be respected.

Shaelumstash said:
yakzson_ctid.Si said:
Should we have a separate topic on the history of the Manchester City kit and leave this for New Kit 14/15

I think you're missing the point. The reason people bring up the kits we've previously worn is because they care about the history and identity of the club. The 14/15 kit will be a huge part of our identity for next season, so a lot of fans want our history to be respected.

But this thread is for new kits 14-15, and that debate is nothing about new kits, that's about the history of the Manchester City kit, they might discuss how they want the new kit to look like, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the thread.

dario2739 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
HellasLEAF said:
is there at least news of an unveiling date?
dont quote me but have read 2 nd week in july somewhere.

It will probably be when we go to the USA again.

As for our kit - keep getting a lot of comments on here "don't care... it's not a fashion show... as long as it's a sky blue shirt!"
Thing is, while some people think it's a trivial matter – it really isn't!
Like it or not, a football club's kit is part of it's brand – arguably it's most important as it's how they are recognised the world over.

Take the illustration below – a simplistic image of a handful of the world's biggest teams. You know who they are without having to be told...

24xp0k6.jpg

It seems that (for English teams especially) the early sixties was a time when a club defined it's kit – since then have you ever seen Liverpool wear white shorts or socks? Have United ever wore red shirts? Barca have dabbled with differing short/sock colours but their kit is unique enough to never appear different.

Then you come to us... which one are we..?

5zk0ia.jpg

I think the club needs to define a strip and stick with it... so that when you show a picture like this to anybody around the world they would say with certainty "that's Man City", not "well it could be Lazio or Napoli, or maybe even Coventry!"
We were the original Sky Blue club (as far as I can see) so let's make that proud tradition a strong statement and strong identifiable brand!

Charlton Palace Rotherham Swansea Peterborough Yeovil Grimsby Bournemouth Scunthorpe Southend. Iconic for them.

dario2739 said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
dario2739 said:
No - but they probably wouldn't say City either... just as likely to say Napoli or Lazio – we SHOULD be immediatley identifiable, we should be the first name that comes to mind. They most probably would say "erm... is it City?", but with the others there would be no doubt.

If even we as City fans can't spot that one of those was Coventry, it means our kit is not as unique as it should be!

Lazio - Sky Blue Shirts, White Shorts, White Socks

No different from us

Are you saying that if we always kept those colours then we would be distinguishable from Lazio, or Napoli even?

I'm saying to the average world football fan no

Our colour scheme is certainly not unique and therefore it's ridiculous to say it needs to be fixed

So long as the shirt is right I couldn't care less

If we wore Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts and Navy Blue socks – a kit which we traditionally wore – then YES I do believe we would be distinguishable.
If we settled on Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts and Skyblue socks with a maroon turnover – then YES again... but we need to pick one and stick with if ffs!

Using your argument...

4uxbop.jpg

The image on the left, you know which is the Rags – they would never not have black socks for their home kit.
Then on the right us again... two of those could be definitively City, whereas the other is ambiguous... is it City, is it Lazio, is it Napoli – that's my point!

*United have used white socks on their home kits in the Champions League (if we are making points)

but the point of a kit colours is easy to point out a famous club isnt a nailed on formula. the all white one, i thought Leeds United before Real Madrid, all red i thought is that Bayern or Liverpool. and i thought Boca was vertical not horizontal ... so its not guaranteed that "one kit combination" makes a club unique .... especially when every single club on that diagram has changed their "kit combination" .... just like City has.

Bruun said:
Shaelumstash said:
yakzson_ctid.Si said:

But this thread is for new kits 14-15, and that debate is nothing about new kits, that's about the history of the Manchester City kit, they might discuss how they want the new kit to look like, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the thread.

No, because people are saying for the 14-15 kit they want our history to be respected.

Navy Blue socks my arse

Manchester City should play in

Sky Blue shirts
White shorts
Sky Blue socks , with Maroon top & two white stripes

end of .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.