new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
citykev28 said:
dario2739 said:
garymj said:
If you google "historical foot ball kits" you can look at all the clubs kits, ( if you have got nowt better to do) you will see all clubs chop and change kits, Liverpool started out in city blue, and even wore black socks like utd for a few years.

Yep, said all that in my post – but if look, there's a period in the early to mid 60s where the top English teams found their identity and settled on it.
From 1965 Liverpool have worn all red – never once deviating, and you can guarantee they wouldn't dream of doing it now!
United have pretty much had red shirts, white shorts and black socks from the outset, briefly dabbling with red or white socks – but from 1971 they have worn black socks continuously – and, again (apart from the exceptional circumstance of the CL) you can guarantee that they would not change the colour.
City, however, haven't settled on an identity, other than we wear sky blue – and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!

Yes, yes and yes again.

Then you get the loons who claim Arsenal don't stick to their colours because they changed for one season to celebrate their centenary or leaving Highbury or something.

The most iconic kits in football are the ones that stay the same through the years as mentioned on that fantastic picture posted a couple of pages back.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts, navy blue socks. Simple as that.

Spot on.

Every time i picture Navy Blue socks on a City kit ........... i see Ged Brannan & Jamie Pollock

We found our identity in the late 70's and stuck with it for 35 years....

Absolutely bobbins, skint, revolving managerial door, whacky ground, huge pitch, curly hair, moustaches, inflated bananas, deflated hearts, sleeping giants that farted in bed, famous players in decline, goalkeeping mishaps, future legends with premature demises, chairmen with toupes.

Then we changed it!

The question you have to ask yourself is this:

What's going to clash the least with the Champions League trophy when we finally lift it?

Good thread this. What I'd like to know is do the club have any kind of say in any of all this? Anyone know what the process is from design to production and whether any prototypes of kits are made up and presented to the club?

Navy socks for me all day long. Been on about this for years ever since the shite kit we were served up with white sleeves. WTF!

FanchesterCity said:

Absolutely bobbins, skint, revolving managerial door, whacky ground, huge pitch, curly hair, moustaches, inflated bananas, deflated hearts, sleeping giants that farted in bed, famous players in decline, goalkeeping mishaps, future legends with premature demises, chairmen with toupes.

Then we changed it!

What's going to clash the least with the Champions League trophy when we finally lift it?

instead of ribbons they're going to attach navy blue socks on it to show we have history. Sending the oldies into apoplexy.

GaudinoMotors said:
FanchesterCity said:

Then we changed it!

instead of ribbons they're going to attach navy blue socks on it to show we have history. Sending the oldies into apoplexy.

The marque of sockcess!

dario2739 said:
garymj said:
If you google "historical foot ball kits" you can look at all the clubs kits, ( if you have got nowt better to do) you will see all clubs chop and change kits, Liverpool started out in city blue, and even wore black socks like utd for a few years.

Yep, said all that in my post – but if look, there's a period in the early to mid 60s where the top English teams found their identity and settled on it.
From 1965 Liverpool have worn all red – never once deviating, and you can guarantee they wouldn't dream of doing it now!
United have pretty much had red shirts, white shorts and black socks from the outset, briefly dabbling with red or white socks – but from 1971 they have worn black socks continuously – and, again (apart from the exceptional circumstance of the CL) you can guarantee that they would not change the colour.
City, however, haven't settled on an identity, other than we wear sky blue – and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!

and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!
=========
Hated that shade of blue...

And if we're talking about heritage/history... our colours until recently were described as 'light blue' or 'pale blue'... Sky blue is quite a modern description in the grand scheme of things

Way too much is being made of all this.

Our identity is us, not our kit. Keeping very rigid on short and sock colour is hardly an identify crisis in my book.
Besides, home kits are largely for home us, so who are we trying to impress - ourselves?

The 'kit' is all three items.... and a design should be able to work on all three items to the best effect. What use is sticking with white shorts, if some designer rides roughshod over the shirt adding different coloured sleeves, or pinstripes or even chequer!?

Bayern have played in red shirts, red and blue stripes, red and white stripes, red and white hoops AND blue shirts (all home kit) in fairly recent years. I don't think they've suffered much as a result.

Dortmund have had a couple of black and white home kits (instead of yellow)

Ajax have had a blue home kit (instead of red and white)

Barcelona have had a black and red striped home kit.

I'd not get too hung up on the small things. We're hardly alone in 'experimenting' a bit, and our laser blue moments were arguably more troublesome deviations that a pair of shorts or socks.

FanchesterCity said:

Absolutely bobbins, skint, revolving managerial door, whacky ground, huge pitch, curly hair, moustaches, inflated bananas, deflated hearts, sleeping giants that farted in bed, famous players in decline, goalkeeping mishaps, future legends with premature demises, chairmen with toupes and Cuban heels.

Then we changed it!

Edited for completeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.