new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
panzer1311 said:
Every time i picture Navy Blue socks on a City kit ........... i see Ged Brannan & Jamie Pollock

I see David White, Keith Curle, Andy Hill, Ian Brightwell, Andy Hinchcliffe and Mike Sheron.

In fact, if they don't bring this back soon, I'd seriously consider fucking it all off. I'm well pissed off with the lack of navy blue socks.

nmc said:
FanchesterCity said:
We found our identity in the late 70's and stuck with it for 35 years....

Absolutely bobbins, skint, revolving managerial door, whacky ground, huge pitch, curly hair, moustaches, inflated bananas, deflated hearts, sleeping giants that farted in bed, famous players in decline, goalkeeping mishaps, future legends with premature demises, chairmen with toupes and Cuban heels.

Then we changed it!

The question you have to ask yourself is this:

What's going to clash the least with the Champions League trophy when we finally lift it?

Edited for completeness.

*well worthy of a cigar to go with the heels*

levets said:
dario2739 said:
garymj said:
If you google "historical foot ball kits" you can look at all the clubs kits, ( if you have got nowt better to do) you will see all clubs chop and change kits, Liverpool started out in city blue, and even wore black socks like utd for a few years.

Yep, said all that in my post – but if look, there's a period in the early to mid 60s where the top English teams found their identity and settled on it.
From 1965 Liverpool have worn all red – never once deviating, and you can guarantee they wouldn't dream of doing it now!
United have pretty much had red shirts, white shorts and black socks from the outset, briefly dabbling with red or white socks – but from 1971 they have worn black socks continuously – and, again (apart from the exceptional circumstance of the CL) you can guarantee that they would not change the colour.
City, however, haven't settled on an identity, other than we wear sky blue – and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!

and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!
=========
Hated that shade of blue...

And if we're talking about heritage/history... our colours until recently were described as 'light blue' or 'pale blue'... Sky blue is quite a modern description in the grand scheme of things

Originally known as Cambridge Blue I believe...

1.618034 said:
levets said:
dario2739 said:
Yep, said all that in my post – but if look, there's a period in the early to mid 60s where the top English teams found their identity and settled on it.
From 1965 Liverpool have worn all red – never once deviating, and you can guarantee they wouldn't dream of doing it now!
United have pretty much had red shirts, white shorts and black socks from the outset, briefly dabbling with red or white socks – but from 1971 they have worn black socks continuously – and, again (apart from the exceptional circumstance of the CL) you can guarantee that they would not change the colour.
City, however, haven't settled on an identity, other than we wear sky blue – and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!

and we even f*cked that up with the lazer blue in the 90s!
=========
Hated that shade of blue...

And if we're talking about heritage/history... our colours until recently were described as 'light blue' or 'pale blue'... Sky blue is quite a modern description in the grand scheme of things

Originally known as Cambridge Blue I believe...

Depends... different sources say the first blue was Cambridge blue (though there is a bone of contention as to what 'IS' Cambridge blue... the rugby team and Rowing team have different shades believe it or not)... then it became 'Light blue' between the wars. I had some old programmes that listed us as 'Light Blue Jerseys', and I had another that listed us as in 'pale blue Jerseys'

citykev28 said:
panzer1311 said:
Every time i picture Navy Blue socks on a City kit ........... i see Ged Brannan & Jamie Pollock

I see David White, Keith Curle, Andy Hill, Ian Brightwell, Andy Hinchcliffe and Mike Sheron.

In fact, if they don't bring this back soon, I'd seriously consider fucking it all off. I'm well pissed off with the lack of navy blue socks.

Add Paul Lake, Paul Stewart, Ian Bishop, Niall Quinn to that list. The white socks and blue shorts don't remind me of any City players, they just remind me of Lazio and Coventry.

Shaelumstash said:
citykev28 said:
panzer1311 said:

Add Paul Lake, Paul Stewart, Ian Bishop, Niall Quinn to that list. The white socks and blue shorts don't remind me of any City players, they just remind me of Lazio and Coventry.

I'll see your Paul Stewart and raise you a Steve Redmond.

Shaelumstash said:
citykev28 said:
panzer1311 said:

Why? They have white shorts and they've had white shorts for one hundred years. 100.

Dunne's own goal said:
Shaelumstash said:
citykev28 said:

Why? They have white shorts and they've had white shorts for one hundred years. 100.

I meant the white socks remind me of Lazio and the blue shorts remind me of Coventry.

All this kerfuffle about the kit colours and how clash with clubs with the same kits affects our recognition around the world is utterly pointless.

especially when we buy another club and deck it in our colours, NYCFC will in essence a clone of MCFC, so the whole debate about "a unique City kit" is futile.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Good thread this. What I'd like to know is do the club have any kind of say in any of all this? Anyone know what the process is from design to production and whether any prototypes of kits are made up and presented to the club?

Navy socks for me all day long. Been on about this for years ever since the shite kit we were served up with white sleeves. WTF!

I read on another forum that QPR have just changed to Nike and for the first season have to go with what was in the Nike catalogue,but then following that they get in on the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.