New kit leaked (apparently) (not THAT kit)

dario2739 said:
Blue Lloyd said:
Run out in this on Monday night and wow!!

Come on City make this happen.

And to all those going on about Blue Shorts? would Liverpool fans be happy if they didn't have Red Shorts, would Rags be happy if they played in all Red? Answers are no and no. So why should City fans not be upset when they can't see the team play in the traditional Sky Blue and White?

Exactly...

As for the shirt... well I had a running argument about black trim on our kit when it was just rumoured... I haven't changed my mind! Shirt styling looks nice, but the black trim just isn't City to me... make the collar white, with the infil of the V neck bit maroon (to match the away) and I think that'd sort that out - but the City crest is awful - after the pains Umbro went to posting videos to show how much detail they could get in the crest... then they make it black and white?!? Fuck me... le coq beat you to that in the 90's... come on Umbro City crest in all it's full colour glory please!

How is blue and white traditional when we have played in maroon before. Wouldnt that be traditional

shed88us said:
34xmln5.jpg

Looks NICE!

I like it..looks easy on the eyes.
The black and white badge is probably to match the lettering and the color of the shorts..
But I'll wait till City launches its new kits officially, thanks..

BoyBlue_1985 said:
dario2739 said:
Blue Lloyd said:

And to all those going on about Blue Shorts? would Liverpool fans be happy if they didn't have Red Shorts, would Rags be happy if they played in all Red? Answers are no and no. So why should City fans not be upset when they can't see the team play in the traditional Sky Blue and White?

Exactly...

As for the shirt... well I had a running argument about black trim on our kit when it was just rumoured... I haven't changed my mind! Shirt styling looks nice, but the black trim just isn't City to me... make the collar white, with the infil of the V neck bit maroon (to match the away) and I think that'd sort that out - but the City crest is awful - after the pains Umbro went to posting videos to show how much detail they could get in the crest... then they make it black and white?!? Fuck me... le coq beat you to that in the 90's... come on Umbro City crest in all it's full colour glory please!

How is blue and white traditional when we have played in maroon before. Wouldnt that be traditional
Traditionally wasn't it all white with a black cross on the left breast?

Don't understand what you mean there? City have always played in sky blue and white... why is that not traditional - and maroon has been a prominent colour in our away kits throughout our history. What isn't traditional there?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
Nope - that was Gorton St. Marks... whom we can trace our origin to - but ultimately MANCHESTER CITY have never worn black.

dario2739 said:

Don't understand what you mean there? City have always played in sky blue and white... why is that not traditional - and maroon has been a prominent colour in our away kits throughout our history. What isn't traditional there?
Sorry mate, I meant the original St.Marks kit!

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
dario2739 said:

Don't understand what you mean there? City have always played in sky blue and white... why is that not traditional - and maroon has been a prominent colour in our away kits throughout our history. What isn't traditional there?
Sorry mate, I meant the original St.Marks kit!

The way I look at it St. Marks are our origin obviously, but from them arose the team we all now support - not St. Marks but Manchester City - upon founding the club Sky Blue was chosen as their club colours and we have traditionally worn that with white trim/shorts with a few flirtations with navy blue trim or socks etc. So to me that is our traditional colour. When I heard the rumours of this kit I was dead against it - I have to admit it isn't as bad as I feared - looks quite smart infact - but I still hate the crest being black outlined!

That said, I am all in favour of celebrating the Gorton connection, and would love a replica kit as the away or third strip - complete with maltese cross.

Blue Lloyd said:

Since 1976 we have worn blue shorts 11 seasons. It's not like they just did this for the heck of it. If you like the blue shorts or not that's one thing, but to say they aren't a part of our history is you choosing to ignore some of the facts.

unlikelyfan19 said:
Blue Lloyd said:

Since 1976 we have worn blue shorts 11 seasons. It's not like they just did this for the heck of it. If you like the blue shorts or not that's one thing, but to say they aren't a part of our history is you choosing to ignore some of the facts.
....and the other 106 years we wore sky blue. One season we wore black/greyish shorts.

Point is blue shorts are not something many of us typify with Manchester City, and although we have had them, it's not being ignorant to suggest that many of us don't like to see the club wearing them and as Blues we will voice this.

I understand there are some who grew up knowing City wearing sky blue shirt/shorts, and they are as equally able to voice their appreciation of them, but there is one thing that unifies us; not once have i heard a City fan who LIKES the sky blue shorts suggest we drop the white shorts completely and change to an all sky blue strip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.