New kit

Ric said:
and a couple of reprobates from here who somehow wangled an invite.

Hahaha!

I felt for the Umbro guy who did the kits, he showed us round the shop and pointed to the place where the photo of the kits was taken. Obviously a lot of time and effort was put into making and designing the kits and to see a crummy picture taken and people's first impressions to be made from that must be abit of a gutter. He said they were encouraged by the response the kits seemed to be egtting on here, especially considering the poor quality of the pic and how it doesn't do the kits justice

They said they put a lot of time into the badge on the kits and you can tell, they look quality. None of that stick on badge shit we've seen in previous years! They said they got the stripe on the third kit to go the opposite side of the badge so that the badge stands out, it was pretty cool all in all. The home kit looked better in the flesh and has got a real retro look to it. I'm undecided which one I'm gonna buy yet, as I'd personally be happy getting any of the three

liamctid said:
I was one of the said reprobates at the preview tonight.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123386 - for all those that remember!

After skimming through the thread, I would like to add that the shorts for the home kit are white with a thin blue strip down the sides, the socks are white with blue at the top. The shorts and socks for both the 2nd and 3rd kit were black.

A few other things I'd like to add: I asked Garry if we were to get to a final would we have a special edition kit with the Manchester coat of arms - yes was the answer.

On the way out someone (didn't know them) was saying that Garry said, 'If you liked Barry, you'll love who's next.' - Encouraging stuff!

This I LIKE

Ric said:
My last thread didn't register because of the server problems we've got, grr.

Anyway, no diamonds on the sleeves (just the Premier League badges). Garry Cook was great, you get the impression he genuinely cares what the fans think. He reads Bluemoon regularly, and makes his staff do the same (he told me I need to update the home page more often too, fair point). He's a genuinely sound guy, who is great with the fans and seems like he genuinely gives a shit which is far removed from some previous regimes.

Ah, but which forum does he spend most time on, footy, transfers or off topic?
Was he committed on barm or muffin?

I absolutely love the look of the new kits and from what Ric and others have said it sounds like I will love them even more when I see them for real.

Was really disappointed with this years kits, they were cheaper yes, but it showed, flimsy material, poor design. I would rather pay £10-£15 more as the shirt is something you can wear for two years at least.

The black one looks quality and I think for the first time in many seasons I will be buying all three. This is another step in the right direction towards putting us amongst the top four. Arsenal & Man U both Nike Chelsea & Liverpool both Adidas. It was always going to be difficult to get one of those manufacturers but to be honest in football terms Umbro are equals with those in my opinion, particularly when you consider they also make the England shirt - which I also bought and think is very good.

NQT said:
Ric said:

Anyway, no diamonds on the sleeves (just the Premier League badges). Garry Cook was great, you get the impression he genuinely cares what the fans think. He reads Bluemoon regularly, and makes his staff do the same (he told me I need to update the home page more often too, fair point). He's a genuinely sound guy, who is great with the fans and seems like he genuinely gives a shit which is far removed from some previous regimes.

Actually Garry thought it should be called a bagel, but he is American after all.

Oh and Garry, can you help a brother out? I could really do with some assistance if I'm going to come over this winter. About £2000 will suffice. Just take it out of Johnsons' paycheck, I'm sure he won't notice.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
NQT said:
Ric said:

Actually Garry thought it should be called a bagel, but he is American after all.

Oh and Garry, can you help a brother out? I could really do with some assistance if I'm going to come over this winter. About £2000 will suffice. Just take it out of Johnsons' paycheck, I'm sure he won't notice.
Thought he was a brummie,if so,fuck knows what they call them.

Did anyone ask why we needed a third kit? We have sky blue first kit and the second is all black, which club/clubs are both of these going to clash with? Also what period of time will these kits be in use for?

From Umbro's point of view, what a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of their brand by kitting out the richest club on the planet

My apologies if this has already been asked but are we actually going to keep a kit for the traditional 2 seasons as a father of two mini Blue Mooners its costing me a fortune every year. On the positive side the home shirt looks brilliant really liking the retro look for me it looks much better than with the awful effort that is the England shirt!

NQT said:
Did anyone ask why we needed a third kit? We have sky blue first kit and the second is all black, which club/clubs are both of these going to clash with? Also what period of time will these kits be in use for?
I imagine it'll be used against dark blue teams like Chelsea, Portsmouth and Everton. And hopefully we'll keep these for 2 years now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.