New Kitchen in the new year. Any advice

Pigeonho said:
Will be in the same position this time next year in readiness for a new-year spree in the sales. Sadly I'm rather excited about this and at no point in my life did I ever think i'd get excited about a new kitchen. (I know this post doesn't help you one iota).

I designed and bought a new kitchen a couple of years ago got a real buzz doing it. We had the full lot done including moving doorways and walls and that. The biggest hassle was the electrics and pissing about living in the bedroom for 3 weeks.
I got the kitchen from Howdens (Bury) and it was a great price -my builder had an account there 'cos at the time they didn't serve the general public- They pissed about a bit on picking and packing and i had to go back a couple of times for extra hinges and whatnot.
Their 'planner' came and did us a floorplan but it was shit so i did me own and took it when choosing units.

I never thought i'd spend £170 on a tap but every time i use it i'm glad i did.
The most excited i got though was sourcing fuckin radiators. Itwas then i realised my life was over.

One other thing for the OP; move out when you're having it done.

thanks for the plug charlie,
yes any blue wanting a kitchen pm me please
many think howdens are the cheapest, your builder will often tell you that,what he wont tell you is that he puts his mark up on top too ! the units are not too great ,nor is the service
and above all steer well clear of Lamona appliances !
also buy a branded sink and tap too
lots of companies now sell chinese made copies of branded taps and cheaper sinks will be so thin and even go rusty !!
I only sell branded appliances ,sinks,taps etc my units are ready built (not flat pack)
and i have excellent fitters if you require one .

most professional kitchen fitters wont fit ikea kitchens ,theres no working void for pipework<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm --<br /><br />most professional kitchen fitters wont fit ikea kitchens ,theres no working void for pipework

OP Where do you live ? I ask becasue you say opposite you is a Howdens? If it is the one in Atlantic Stret Altrincham I think it is poor, go to Atlantic Timber opposite Howdens, good quality kitchens, real wood etc etc. I got mine (well Mrs Mists) from Atlantic so I speak from experience.

Blue Mist said:
OP Where do you live ? I ask becasue you say opposite you is a Howdens? If it is the one in Atlantic Stret Altrincham I think it is poor, go to Atlantic Timber opposite Howdens, good quality kitchens, real wood etc etc. I got mine (well Mrs Mists) from Atlantic so I speak from experience.

the Howdens is opposite work. I live in Stockport. (if everyone could refrain from from calling me a rag - I just do) But Alti close enough. Got loads of choices now.
Cheers all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.