New Kits 2018/19

Yep as you posted probably a week or so ago, the 3 kits from a fans point of view are pretty hard to fuck up yet Nike seem world leaders in doing it.

Seems almost purposeful, doesn’t it?!

As I said back then, it’s not hard to do a cursory review of City’s past glory years to come up with THREE CLASSIC CITY KITS, then tweak them slightly, as needed, to make them a little different every season.

This home kit is, imho, abysmal.

Seems almost purposeful, doesn’t it?!

As I said back then, it’s not hard to do a cursory review of City’s past glory years to come up with THREE CLASSIC CITY KITS, then tweak them slightly, as needed, to make them a little different every season.

This home kit is, imho, abysmal.
Shouldn’t always look back. We should always come up with a new kit so that in a generation’s time they can have a retro kit of that one come out

Kit whingers do make me chuckle. It’s not the finest offering up there with the likes of those last couple of Umbro efforts but it is at least a proper city kit, no laxer blue, no significantly darker or lighter arms no blue shorts and socks that nod to history. Shoot me for saying but it looks ok to me

I thought the new kit looked what it is - a cheap and nasty knock off from a far eastern sweat shop - but marketed and sold at ridiculous prices. That button makes it look like something from mothercare. As a few have said it’s City colours but that’s not really something that should be turned into a virtue - it should be a given. Anyway I thought the kit looked awful - much prefer this years which was one of Nike’s better efforts which isn’t saying a lot.

As someone said earlier as long as it looks good from a distance it’s fine with me. It wasn’t until my lad told me they were wearing it last night that I noticed! That button and neckline look crap on the big screen though

They had the player version and fan version of the shirt in the city store last night.

The player version doesn't have that higher quality badge any more, although the stitching is a bit shinier...

Player

IMG_1225.jpg

Fan

IMG_1224.jpg

I can’t believe, with all the “people” who lurk in these pages, no-one with any sway over a kit decision has cottoned on to the fact that 90% of fans coalesce over a few “must haves” on the kit...and that YOU have consistently produced better kits than one of the largest sports manufacturers in the world!

UFB!

Boatneck with a single button...not seen on any fans’ kit wish list EVER!

Here’s hoping the second and third kit are a tad more aspirational.

Don’t hold your breath. One of the away kits is bright orange I think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.