New League wide financial system.

Are there any experts who actually know what the new rules imply?
Nobody knows what the new rules are yet because they haven't been voted on, or even presented yet afaik.

The PL being the bastion of transparency and good governance that it is, the only thing we know is from leaks that the PL wants to align itself with UEFA's new rules. The consensus is that this means breakeven is out and squad cost ratio is in, but that isn't what the UEFA rules are about. UEFA still has a breakeven requirement. So who knows?

Whatever the new rule is, you can be sure it will restrict the potential for competition and favour the usual suspects. I hope it all gets voted down and the old rules stay in place. They wanted that shit to stop competition, now they should be forced to deal with it.

Last edited:
So basically fans of clubs outside of us , Liverpool, Trafford , Arsenal and Spurs should just accept they will never compete at the highest level ? They should also be content to have their best players cherry picked every season . If that’s what all this is designed to do then the game is dead .

The red tops aren't getting the backing of all the other clubs. They are getting the backing from all the american owners of the other clubs, after the secret behind door deals.

But again, Why let United make the rules up as they see fit to suit only them, Liverpool owners should be looking to finish them once and for all, The new 85% revenue spend only benefits United because the system is setup to show every single united game live, United are still the biggest earners from TV rights so that means they earn more money than the rest even if they are not winning titles. Then add the Glory Hunter's armchair views they claim are all united fans and only buy their shirts because they are shown every week on TV.

I know what United have done to get votes from the smaller clubs, They have used the Super League threat and we will walk away and leave you with nothing if their vote does not go through, Just Like the Sky deal in 1992 they used the threat of leaving the smaller clubs with nothing, So the parachute payments was put in place and again the smaller clubs fell for it,

From what little we know about the proposed changes it would appear that save the % that the Pl will very much copy and paste the updated UEFA version of FFP. That said I haven’t seen much save the headlines.

UEFA have patted themselves on the back because there now is almost no default whatsoever amongst clubs that get a licence when it comes to paying taxes and football creditors on time

One way or another you would imagine that “ healthy expenditure such as ladies ,community ,academy , depreciation of tangible assets will get added back . Then you wonder will wages for non playing staff , matchday expenses , utility bills etc be added back.

Just by looking at income and then allocation of 85% or whatever will mean that many clubs would cut back on non first team squad expenditure and that would be a complete reversal of the supposed aims of UEFA in terms of encouraging growth outside of men’s senior football.

I said on here the other day that the PL probably should have increased the £105 m threshold . A lot, not all, of the problems that are currently out there would have been avoided.

I would imagine that every PL club will want changes. Some because it will accelerate their growth others because it will enable the owners to take money out of their clubs.

Time will tell but it seems these changes are inevitable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.