New Manager, New Kit & New Badge (City Weekend)

I see the two most pathetic excuses for newspapers on the planet are going with headlines of their own choosing - because sure as hell what they are referring to things that were not said today. How utterly pathetic.

I see the two most pathetic excuses for newspapers on the planet are going with headlines of their own choosing - because sure as hell what they are referring to things that were not said today. How utterly pathetic.

No, I don't recall hearing the words Jose or Mourinho mentioned at any point either

I thought today was great. An awful lot of work had gone into that and as fans we should be grateful that the club invested both time and money into this project. Thought the behind the scenes insights were very good, the general theme was relaxed, plenty to do, Women's team - as a few have said are a credit to the club, former stars were great value, no Harry (where was he?) not seeing his ugly mug was a bonus, great range of food and drink - a tad expensive but we hadn't paid to get in, new badge is really growing on me - it looks so vibrant, new kit is not for me but others seem to like it, I thought Sally Nugent was excellent - that was a tough gig and she did it well. Oh and we just unveiled the BEST coach in world football to manage our club - whats not to like. Thank you City for an excellent day.

Had other reasons to make the trip up today, otherwise a 350 mile round trip probably not justified, but enjoyed the time spent at the CFA. City certainly deserve kudos for putting on an event like this.

Only complaint was that they did not have enough food stalls: took 40 minutes to get a pizza and we only chose that because the NY Street food van wouldn't take orders when we wanted food.

Me & Mike ;-)

48D39DC2-562F-48D6-9974-0F53EE93565C_zps4es9kyfu.jpg
Oh dear - denim on denim!

Got there at half 1 to see pep. Thought there was some good stuff there for kids and that. My niece and her friend (14 years old) were a bit too old for most stuff there and we're disappointed not to see a couple of first team players about. They dragged the stuff out for peps unveiling but he came across well, particularly with the 'kick their arses' comment. Some cheesey stuff in there, I cluding the cheesey joke from cheesey about uwe roslers grandad. Also annoyed me how the two city fans who asked questions both mentioned United! It's a habit some people really need to get out of that. I know the bloke who asked the first question (sound bloke) so it's nothing personal, just seems habit for a lot of people and there's no need. We left after the pep thing cos that's all we were there for but yea, a decent enough day. Great to see how pep was saying that the first thing he needs to do, before tactics or anything else is build team spirit. The way he was describing it all was encouraging

“I want them to be a good team mate. I like players who think about themselves but also about Manchester City. The reason we are here is to think what we can do to make this a better club. Not what the club can do for them. We want a better club.”
Perphaps the most important thing he
mentioned today..

Hugely impressed by Pep. Credit to the club for organising. The female presenter was disappointing. I hope us fans can give Pep and the team the passion and support they deserve. Looking forward to the start of the season now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.