New music and band thread

Katy J Pearson is a new artist, her debut album is out in November.

One of the tracks off it is this...

And one of my favourite ever bands (Little Barrie) are bringing out their first album since the death of their drummer (Virgil Howe).

Here’s the first track from the album...

The Lounge Society are a group of young lads (think they’re all 16 and 17). They’ve done one track, they had one session booked in the studio, recorded the track in one take and left it there. This is it...

They’re only from up the road in Hebden Bridge

Bit of a West Yorkshire thing going on. Working Men's Club from Todmorden and BDRMM from the Leeds area now these. Heard some Katy J Pearson and sounded good.

Bit of a West Yorkshire thing going on. Working Men's Club from Todmorden and BDRMM from the Leeds area now these. Heard some Katy J Pearson and sounded good.
The Orielles are from around there too.

They’re all part of a bit of a musical “movement” called The Calder Sound.

That Katy J Pearson song has really struck a chord with me. Recently, someone asked me why I was still single at 38 and the words that left my mouth were “I’m still waiting for something real, you know?”!

Last edited by a moderator:
This year, I’ve been impressed with releases from:
Michael Kuwinaka
Sault
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
The Lounge Society
Fontaines DC
Mantra Love
Bananagun
Doves
Holy Wave
Katy J Pearson

What do you think of the Fontaines album? I was really looking forward to it, thinking they could really kick on but found it to be for the most part, dull. I will keep listening to it until it grows on me but it's not what I was expecting.

What do you think of the Fontaines album? I was really looking forward to it, thinking they could really kick on but found it to be for the most part, dull. I will keep listening to it until it grows on me but it's not what I was expecting.
I like it, I think it’s got a bit more of a range in songs and pace than the first.

The Fontaines album is good but maybe a bit more reserved than the first. Obviously with the success of the first maybe bashing the second out quickly was what they wanted. The interesting thing is they haven't released anything else of that album for a few months. Too much too soon? Got the Murder Capital album from last year?

The Fontaines album is good but maybe a bit more reserved than the first. Obviously with the success of the first maybe bashing the second out quickly was what they wanted. The interesting thing is they haven't released anything else of that album for a few months. Too much too soon? Got the Murder Capital album from last year?
Never even heard of The Murder Capital mate. I'll give them a listen next.
Tbh, I've been a little obsessed with the latest Baxter Dury album lately (Not something I would have listened to a couple of years ago).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.