New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
1.618034 said:
50Blue said:
Our home shirt is the one on the pic I posted before,looks much better than it though.
The away shirt is white with a band running through the badge and Nike logo,pretty similar to this Galatasaray mock,but the band is either black,or maroon,or there are two small ones,one black and one maroon (like the sash on the 09/11 third shirt,but horizontal).It's one of Nike's "preset" designs,like the tonal hoops one that Porto,Atletico,Werder and PSG are using.

[bigimg]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qIcHVRyhucA/URI9DHyLweI/AAAAAAAANFk/1-ZGRaydw_k/s1600/ju2kl.png[/bigimg]

Been told these by my boss (I'm working on a sports store).Don't know if he's lying or not.

medialaunch.jpg

bit like that ^^^^ (the home one) then.

The away one looks smart, and the 3rd strip (but no use having Etihad in gold without gold badges. Think the home shirt looks a bit boring (I liked last seasons home strip better than this seasons). If we had our 3rd strip white with a blue stripe like the top pic posted, I think that'd be cool.

Think the collars on the home and away shirts there are a poor actually. Also I hope they are slim fitted like the home shirt last season, don't like the baggier fits.

I wonder if we're going to have the annual pantomime of saying when it can be "pre ordered" like it needs to be in case it sells out. And will it be released in time for the autumn when the summer holidays have all finished, thus again denying the fans the chance to wear a brand new shirt on their holibobs.

It's all a load of bollocks. Let's clear out the Umbro stuff and start the Nike bedding in process and let's have the new shirt on sale in time for the last home game of the season like some clubs do. I'm sure they'd sell more that way. No one in their right mind is going to pay decent money for a shirt that is obsolete in a few weeks time.

i got this feeling that it may come out at the last match of the season or for the fa cup final it we get there

we did once i think when we played in the new away kit at home but i think i maybe
wrong

ancoats said:
i got this feeling that it may come out at the last match of the season or for the fa cup final it we get there

we did once i think when we played in the new away kit at home but i think i maybe
wrong

doubt Umbro would be willing to sacrifice the last time the reigning champions wear an Umbro shirt

ancoats said:

wrong

Played Middlesbrough lost 1-0, Stuart Pearce era, Fowler missed a penalty to send us to Europe, David James played striker and Nicky Weaver came on as sub. Easily forgotton I suppose.

9V9Ri6A.jpg

Clearly, this IS the new shirt, even if this particular one is being derided as a knock off, as the other pic shows the EXACT same shirt in greater detail...

a8e9a8u2.jpg

The knock off merchants don't waste money making display versions of kits they know will not sell. Rather, they use insiders (for a nice bung!) to give them the new kit pics and they make them so they are ready for the launch and people can get them cheap from the off.

When I was in Asia a few weeks back, I asked around if they had the new Nike kit for Man City. "Too early, come back soon" I was told. However, of the current crop EVERY City shirt I saw had either Kun Aguero 16 or Balotelli 45 on the back, just like every ManU shirt had Rooney and every Barca shirt had Messi.

And the navy blue trim even ties in with the training tops we have seen without the embroidered badge, but a cheaper sew on shield:

gmziwlwx.jpg

confirm-mancity.jpg

I agree, at this point there's too much smoke for there not to be fire, but the one shown on the wood floor is imo almost certainly photoshop, there's crazy noise and distortion around the badge, in addition to the aforementioned off kilter Nike logo. Perhaps the person has seen the real thing and more or less mocked it up, so I'm fully expecting that to more or less be our shirt, but I don't think it's an authentic representation, either.

The wooden floor one is genuine mate. Last year we had pics of all three kits on the same floor.

in reality there's probably a 1 in 6 chance that piece of crap could be our next home shirt. Nike will make several concept versions around this time, for every club, then choose around April/May which then they and the club will choose.

If it is that crap then Nike have saved me money that's for damn sure.

mansour's tow ropes said:
ancoats said:

wrong

doubt Umbro would be willing to sacrifice the last time the reigning champions wear an Umbro shirt

Umbro is owned by Nike now. So as ever depends what the big boys at Nike decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.