New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fazz28 said:
nike have given the reason for the shield as its a throwback to the coat of arms..

On this new shirt the Manchester City club crest is placed inside a shield shape. This is inspired by the city of Manchester’s coat of arms, which City used as their own club crest for special occasions including the 1956 FA Cup final.

source is footballshirtculture
Well they're hardly going to come out and say "We've placed the crest inside a shield to cut costs and increase our profit margins while charging the fans more. We do this with all our clubs because it enables us to churn out the same gear for all of them."

mike channon´s windmill said:
White socks!!! Oh dear!! Dreadful

Not sure what's going on with the socks in that video as the blurb and pictures on mcfc.co.uk indicate that they have blue tops.

I'm not a big fan of the stuck on badge but it is a decent looking kit over all and one that incorporates the modern and the traditional.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but at the bottom of the page on the OS is the following spiel:

The latest official Nike Manchester City Home available direct from your Club. Nike’s first ever Manchester City kit pays homage to club’s heritage whilst looking forward to future success. The new home shirt is a classic football design, and unmistakably Manchester City, featuring a sky blue body with a white ribbed crew neck and white ribbed cuffs on the sleeves. Inside the neck is a bonded woven label with “Pride in Battle” on it, the translation of the Latin phrase “Superbia in Proelio”. The Black and Red classic away kit is available for Men, Women, Kids, infant and babies. With prices starting from just 20 pounds for the full babies kit. Citys Black and Red stripes were orignally designed by none other than Malcolm Allison. Looking for a way to inspire his players to greatness, he chose to emulate AC Milans Rossoneri stripes. Official name and number printing is available so why not get your favourite MCFC players name added for 12 pounds, here are a few ideas to get you started, Kun Aguero 16, Silva 21, Balotelli 45 or you could just have your own name and number. Also Official Premier League Sleeve Badges are available for 6 pounds.

Interesting that they say the away will be red/black stripes, though given that they also say we could get 'Balotelli 45' I'm thinking it's been carried over from the 11-12 away kit spiel. Still, food for thought, though I'm pretty sure that the black and gold one is real, maybe its the third kit?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nike.com/gb/en_gb/c/football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nike.com/gb/en_gb/c/football</a>

Nike need to sort this out. We are not even on their official site, yet they have rags and arse and that.

I really like it, could have done without the shield however that still seems to go. Not keen on the price though, not for me. I'd only wear it on the odd occasion.

mansour's tow ropes said:
jrb said:
Fazz28 said:
nike have given the reason for the shield as its a throwback to the coat of arms..

On this new shirt the Manchester City club crest is placed inside a shield shape. This is inspired by the city of Manchester’s coat of arms, which City used as their own club crest for special occasions including the 1956 FA Cup final.

[bigimg]http://images.kitbag.com/mcfc-39677.jpg?width=&height=&quality=95?width=400&height=400&quality=95[/bigimg]

well if true they should have not made it so subtle and deliberately made it stand out (i.e. different colour)

I agree, navy badge with a white outline would have been better in my opinion.

Dubai Blue said:
Fazz28 said:

Well they're hardly going to come out and say "We've placed the crest inside a shield to cut costs and increase our profit margins while charging the fans more. We do this with all our clubs because it enables us to churn out the same gear for all of them."

They arent going to publicise the real reason, that the intricate stitching of our crest would cost too much/destroy the material Nike likes to make shirts with. Dont mind the kit, but its not one I'll be buying.

As far as the sock issue goes, AFAIAC the kit of last year is now a classic and its all blue, people fucking hated that at first. The kit is what the team makes it. Hopefully this one will become a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.