New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSilva said:
I think there is a very good reason why City have agreed with Nike and gone ahead with a badge instead of it being flush with the shirt.

Soriano and Txiki did this at Barca and the point was to try and get the Club's logo/emblem more visible and unique to the kit and to give it that "stand out" effect. They perceived a successful club is one which has a strong brand and identity and Soriano likes to utilise this feature of a football club to its most optimum.

So all in all, not just to us fans who have followed the club for years and/or are locals, I think this badge feature making our logo and crest more identifiable is targeted to the rest of the world so that our City logo is up there with Barca, Real, NY Yankees and Bayern...

me thinks only and I love the kit now including the badge!

Sorry that's just bollocks.<br /><br />-- Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why did people want to hate the new kit? Its almost like people wanted to say I told you so.

It's too fucking shiny.

That's called sweat

SuperSilva said:
I think there is a very good reason why City have agreed with Nike and gone ahead with a badge instead of it being flush with the shirt.

Soriano and Txiki did this at Barca and the point was to try and get the Club's logo/emblem more visible and unique to the kit and to give it that "stand out" effect. They perceived a successful club is one which has a strong brand and identity and Soriano likes to utilise this feature of a football club to its most optimum.

So all in all, not just to us fans who have followed the club for years and/or are locals, I think this badge feature making our logo and crest more identifiable is targeted to the rest of the world so that our City logo is up there with Barca, Real, NY Yankees and Bayern...

Those two will have had about as much input on this decision as you did. Nike do the sew-on patches for all their teams.

coulsonblue said:
SuperSilva said:

Sorry that's just bollocks.

-- Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 pm --

stony said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why did people want to hate the new kit? Its almost like people wanted to say I told you so.

It's too fucking shiny.

That's called sweat

Sorry ... was just my opinion ... am I allowed that? Thanks

Dubai Blue said:
SuperSilva said:

Those two will have had about as much input on this decision as you did. Nike do the sew-on patches for all their teams.

Unless you are working in mcfc or nike you know as much as I do if City have an input or not... which means you know f*ck all as well as I do...

coulsonblue said:
SuperSilva said:

Sorry that's just bollocks.

-- Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 pm --

stony said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

It's too fucking shiny.

That's called sweat

Is it fuck. It looks fucking shiny with no fucker wearing it, or is it made from some sort of sentient material that sweats itself.

Thought the kit looked good on the tour games, won't be wearing it myself because I don't like polyester, sorry dri-fit. Shouldn't be white socks though.

New retro kit for the new season

SuperSilva said:
Dubai Blue said:
SuperSilva said:

Unless you are working in mcfc or nike you know as much as I do if City have an input or not... which means you know f*ck all as well as I do...

How about lets throw opinions out of the window and deal in facts Mr Super Silva.

The deal with Nike was signed during last season.
Nike start preparing the designs for the kits towards the end of the summer.
Soriano was appointed in September and Txiki October or somewhere around that time.

The crux of the matter is: the kit was designed before Soriano and Txiki could have any input. (not that they don't have more important things to do).

Now, the REAL reason why the badge is stuck on a shield is COST. Which isn't difficult to figure out is it?

It's cheaper, faster, easier to use the badges made with those shields than individually stitched ones like Umbro did.

Everton have just changed their club badge and made it into a circular shape. The reason: so that their kits are easier, cheaper, faster for Nike to produce.

coulsonblue said:
SuperSilva said:
Dubai Blue said:

How about lets throw opinions out of the window and deal in facts Mr Super Silva.

The deal with Nike was signed during last season.
Nike start preparing the designs for the kits towards the end of the summer.
Soriano was appointed in September and Txiki October or somewhere around that time.

The crux of the matter is: the kit was designed before Soriano and Txiki could have any input. (not that they don't have more important things to do).

Now, the REAL reason why the badge is stuck on a shield is COST. Which isn't difficult to figure out is it?

It's cheaper, faster, easier to use the badges made with those shields than individually stitched ones like Umbro did.

Everton have just changed their club badge and made it into a circular shape. The reason: so that their kits are easier, cheaper, faster for Nike to produce.

You are getting wound up over my opinion ...

I don't care what you say so save your typing

if you a bit decent in the way you were saying I would take you feedback on board...

2 words ... pipe down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.