New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should admit that the Umbro's change to Nike firstly scared me, when I saw the kit in pictures I did not liked it, but seeing the kit in action it seems different and pretty, surely I will buy it.

looks good on Silva

tumblr_mnax1fvuBe1qem1fio1_500.jpg

garymj said:
the socks on the title winning team, were white with blue hoops,but in the shop the ones for sale were blue with white hoops.if that makes any sense.
good spot that

Definitely had reservations when I first saw the shots of the new kit but having watched the US tour matches I've definitely gotten used to it and I'm even starting to like it.

Not sold on the shield thing yet and I think I'd like to see it gone next year but think we'll stand out even more next season on the pitch - lush!

I think there is a very good reason why City have agreed with Nike and gone ahead with a badge instead of it being flush with the shirt.

Soriano and Txiki did this at Barca and the point was to try and get the Club's logo/emblem more visible and unique to the kit and to give it that "stand out" effect. They perceived a successful club is one which has a strong brand and identity and Soriano likes to utilise this feature of a football club to its most optimum.

So all in all, not just to us fans who have followed the club for years and/or are locals, I think this badge feature making our logo and crest more identifiable is targeted to the rest of the world so that our City logo is up there with Barca, Real, NY Yankees and Bayern...

me thinks only and I love the kit now including the badge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.