New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
argyle said:
Can't believe people are having near heart-attacks over a simple shield around the badge.

Can you imagine what would happen if they brought in a pattern etc?

-- Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 am --

Shaelumstash said:
argyle said:
I've been having doubts about his posts too.

Funny how there are dozens of posters saying the shield is wank, but they don't get called rags.

I actually like the kit, I can live with the shield, but the white socks thing really pisses me off.

I said exactly the same thing about the blue shorts and the black badge. To me, it's not City.

I'm never going to wear any of it, but the tradition and history of the club is important to me, don't know why that would make you think I'm a rag. It would be easier to not give a toss, but I do.

It's not you saying stuff about the shield, it's that nearly every post you put on here is something negative, always bloody moaning about something.

You had a meltdown over Mancini leaving and are now foaming at the mouth over the colour of socks!!

I've not counted, but from the posts I've seen in the last ten days, I'd say 90% of City fans were pissed off that Mancini went.

I'd also estimate 90% of comments about the shield have been negative. The reaction to the white socks has probably been about 70% negative, so I suppose you've got a point there.

I'll take it as a compliment that you are singling out my posts, but I think you'll find all of those points are majority views.

No need for anyone to point out they are "in the 10%" I'm talking about what I've seen posted up to now.

It looks okay on the players in those photos that have come out.

As to the shield, I believe some part of the official kit announcement referenced this as an homage to the 1955 FA Cup or some such.

Picture here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/scousemojo/4165433339/lightbox/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/scousemojo ... /lightbox/</a>

This "homage" stuff is probably some crap to cover for Nike wanting to cut costs and not have it embroidered. (Although someone made the point that the material this is made out of may not be conducive to embroidery - I won't 100% dismiss that possibility in fact.)

In any event, shape appears roughly similar. Although I have NEVER liked the badge-in-a-shield look, I'll choose to accept this whole "1955 homage" as an excuse to allow myself to buy this.

Shaelumstash said:
I actually like the kit, I can live with the shield, but the white socks thing really pisses me off.
You're a fair moaner, but on this one I completely agree. Not going to cry myself to sleep over them, but never a fan of white socks; they just look so... soft.

argyle said:
You had a meltdown over Mancini leaving and are now foaming at the mouth over the colour of socks!!
To be fair, they're pretty gash!

pominoz said:
This is i believe the new shirt, from the Melbourne guy.

974gts.jpg

OK, where did he get it and how do we get one?!! Website??

Who is he? Does he come on here?

Not buying one with a fucking shield!

No shield or sticking with the '09 shirt. Not going to encourage them with my hard earned money!

I actually like it after looking at it a few times. The quality of the fabric looks nice and I like the collar as well.

ChicagoBlue said:
pominoz said:
This is i believe the new shirt, from the Melbourne guy.

974gts.jpg

OK, where did he get it and how do we get one?!! Website??

Who is he? Does he come on here?

Not buying one with a fucking shield!

No shield or sticking with the '09 shirt. Not going to encourage them with my hard earned money!

I will try and find out, i think he is an ex-pat and he has seen the photo on here as i asked his permission to put the photo up (hence no head, as he did not want to be recognised).
Don't think he post's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.