New Partner Betway

Ban advertising and promotion of gambling.
Agreed. There's no point banning social vices. All that'll do is drive them underground and make them more harmful. But that doesn't mean we should be bombarded with adverts for them at every opportunity. Having said that, that ship might have sailed with online advertising nowadays. Crystal Palace are literally sponsored by a gambling company that only operates in Vietnam, and online gambling is illegal in Vietnam. It'd be like us being sponsored by Pirate Bay ffs.

Agreed. There's no point banning social vices. All that'll do is drive them underground and make them more harmful. But that doesn't mean we should be bombarded with adverts for them at every opportunity. Having said that, that ship might have sailed with online advertising nowadays. Crystal Palace are literally sponsored by a gambling company that only operates in Vietnam, and online gambling is illegal in Vietnam. It'd be like us being sponsored by Pirate Bay ffs.
The gambling laws in the UK changed under Labour in the 90s, if my memory is right. Before then, bookmakers were all behind closed doors. No windows even. I agree with you...we should have freedom of choice (I'm checking my horse results at 5pm...2 lucky 15s a day for me. Could be big today:)))) but at the moment, it's like advertising cocaine! People are being encouraged to get addicted to gambling. Drug pushers/gambling pushers...same thing.
Some important people are making a lot of money from it, though. Making money out of destroying some desperate persons life and their families. I know of people near me that have put ALL their money on payday into some gambling sites and lost it all. I know of many families near me that have suffered because of it..."can you lend me fifty quid for some shopping?" It's common.

I didn't say I think gambling should be banned, because it shouldn't. I love a bet. I just don't think it should be bombarded at people at every opportunity.
I do agree with that. When it’s a bombardment it gets too much.

However, we’ve had betting partners going back years at City and you’d never really notice.
It’s now Betway, over the last two years it’s been BetUK, before that it was Marathon Bet… none of them have bombarded us with advertisements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.