New Partner Betway

Gotta love this site - turned into an alcohol versus Gambling thread.
There will always be sections of society vulnerable to both. I suppose the alcohol genie is well and truly out of the bottle (no pun..), whereas with easier access and technology, the gambling one is emerging and evolving more and more large. Encouraging it, is the issue/dilemma.

Gotta love this site - turned into an alcohol versus Gambling thread.
There will always be sections of society vulnerable to both. I suppose the alcohol genie is well and truly out of the bottle (no pun..), whereas with easier access and technology, the gambling one is emerging and evolving more and more large. Encouraging it, is the issue/dilemma.
Not an argument :)

Just a comparison on how it is for both addicts.

If you were addicted to gambling then a walk into town would probably have you pass at least two bookies :)

Nobody seems to be arsed that an energy drink sponsors the Cup we played in the other night. Kids get addicted to that stuff.

Alcohol does far more harm than betting to people, yet nobody bats an eyelid at being sponsored by Asahi.

The aviation industry contributes massively to air pollution and climate change. Everyone seems happy to take tens of millions off them though.

We’ve got an owner who is deputy prime minister of a country with questionable human rights abuses and we play it down when other sets of fans have a pop at us about it.

But betting is a step too far? Pull the other one, haha!

Betting isn’t illegal. And it never should be. So taking money from massive money businesses that creates fun for the vast majority of people who partake in their business, is absolutely fine.

Nice one City and Betway, all good for me!

Last edited:
Nobody seems to be arsed that an energy drink sponsors the Cup we played in the other night. Kids get addicted to that stuff.

Alcohol does far more harm than betting to people, yet nobody bats an eyelid at being sponsored by Asahi.

The aviation industry contributes massively to air pollution and climate change. Everyone seems happy to take tens of millions off them though.

But betting is a step too far? Pull the other one, haha!

Betting isn’t illegal. And it never should be. So taking money from massive money businesses that creates fun for the vast majority of people who partake in their business, is absolutely fine.

Nice one City and Betway, all good for me!
Asahi do alcohol and non alcohol drinks…

Not an argument :)

Just a comparison on how it is for both addicts.

If you were addicted to gambling then a walk into town would probably have you pass at least two bookies :)
Yep - but burglars pass open window houses?, shoplifters pass self checkouts?
I suppose it's all down to how tempting and easy something is.
Who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.