New phone upgrade

I've got a Motorola G5 and it's fucking brill. It cost me £120. It also has fingerprint recognition.

Buy a new phone (unlocked), go SIM only and save yourself a fortune.
I currently have the g5s but have started to notice a bit of battery drain and performance lag but I think if you're not a power user the Moto G lineup does well
Its on Amazon, they sell with a legal warranty of 6 months which is quite comprehensive and i think if you have an issue after that which is not due to an obvious accident, you can generally get that sorted through their sellers as well. Amazon have been really good on stuff i have bought from them if they've gone faulty, any issues with sellers you just go to the webchat and they will sort it out quickly.
You got a link for that mate? I can't seem to find many on Amazon that don't seem to have really high markups from their counterparts on eBay etc

I've got a Motorola G5 and it's fucking brill. It cost me £120. It also has fingerprint recognition.

Buy a new phone (unlocked), go SIM only and save yourself a fortune.
I bought the Moto G7 power from Argos about a month ago for £180. Really is a good phone for the cash and has a 5000 mAh battery which lasts longer than most phones. Noticed it's now reduced by £20.

Also, anyone wanting to buy a phone and run on a no contract SIM only deal I've seen Smarty(3 network) offer unlimited calls and texts plus 2GB of data for £7.50 month, plus other very reasonable price plans.

I bought the Moto G7 power from Argos about a month ago for £180. Really is a good phone for the cash and has a 5000 mAh battery which lasts longer than most phones. Noticed it's now reduced by £20.

Also, anyone wanting to buy a phone and run on a no contract SIM only deal I've seen Smarty(3 network) offer unlimited calls and texts plus 2GB of data for £7.50 month, plus other very reasonable price plans.
5000mah battery sounds great

I currently have the g5s but have started to notice a bit of battery drain and performance lag but I think if you're not a power user the Moto G lineup does well You got a link for that mate? I can't seem to find many on Amazon that don't seem to have really high markups from their counterparts on eBay etc
Aye Amazon will always have a mark up from eBay because the sellers are more legit and are governed by Amazons policies. If you're willing to wait then it might be picked up by one of high street phone stores who will cover the warranty, but it may not...

Just got my son one of these today - what a stonking phone. I'm going to bin Apple and get one... When i can be bothered to sort it.

Teco Mobile for £15 a month with decent deal - you pay £175 for the phone.

I've decided to get the Samsung Note 10 when it is released next month, and I'm now busy making sure all my contacts are synchronised with Gmail, photos and other stuff backed up, and recording the log in details for my favourite apps (using LastPass, which is multi-platform).

Would you say it's worth waiting to buy a S9 when the S10 is released, as the S9 price should fall (rather than buy this month)?

Also, if buying a S9 would it be cheaper buying and doing SIM-only ? I also do not want to be tied to a contract for 2 years

Would you say it's worth waiting to buy a S9 when the S10 is released, as the S9 price should fall (rather than buy this month)?

Also, if buying a S9 would it be cheaper buying and doing SIM-only ? I also do not want to be tied to a contract for 2 years

In terms of a contract, I have a sim only deal, where unlimited data is my primary objective. I buy an expensive phone to go with it, but make sure it is well looked after, and I'll stick with it for five years or thereabouts.

This suits my financial and personal circumstances though. It is not the way forward for everyone.

Regarding choice of phone, for me, I like the idea of using a stylus. This is because I do a lot of note taking and recording minutes of meetings. Also, like an earlier post on this thread, I'm a little bit obsessive about fingerprints and grease on the screen, and I think this will help.

The release of the Note 10 might well have an impact on the prices of the previous versions, but at the end of the day, work out what will be best for you, based on your circumstances.

A few posts back in this thread there was mention that some phones are only supported with software upgrades for two years or so. I've not found this to be the case with my iPhone 6+, which I got new about five years ago. This is something that I will have to monitor as it could affect my future purchases if Samsung operate this policy.

Not a top range and trendy bymber but as it came free with my upgrade and most of my stuff was b
acked up on samsung cloud I opted for the galaxy A70 last week and up to now found it perfect for my needs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.