New phone upgrade

Am considering getting an upgrade in the next couple of months. The choice will come down to either the plus or ultra variants of the S24. According to the Vodafone app, the plus will be free whereas for the same monthly bill, the Ultra will cost €700! I'm a fairly casual user of the phone (for photos videos etc) and would find it very difficult to justify the extra outlay. Is the Ultra worth the considerable extra money?
If your phone does everything you need, and does it fine, then why bother? Keep old phone, cancel contract, unlock phone and go pay and go.
I pay £6 a month and never run out of data. Found my phone on a park bench.

If your phone does everything you need, and does it fine, then why bother? Keep old phone, cancel contract, unlock phone and go pay and go.
I pay £6 a month and never run out of data. Found my phone on a park bench.
Near enough agree with all of that.

Bought a Moto just before Xmas direct from them with £30 off for £120.

Does everything I need, takes piccies/videos works on 4 or 5g. Had to change as my old Moto wouldn't download some Apps due to its age and what Android system it was running on, updates had finished a couple of years ago otherwise it worked perfectly even though my mobile's get a lot of use.

Contract? No chance, SIM only deal at £7.50 pm which I could get cheaper but I'm happy with the coverage/reception. The big benefit as you'll know is rolling monthly contract NEVER goes up and I've been on it for probably 5/6 years now.

Let the musthaves spend crazy money....

I'm looking at reluctantly buying a new phone. Nowt wrong with the old one but some bastard lifted it when it was next to me on the park bench the other day.
Found mine when i was walking the mutt one morning. Took it home and dried it out. Phoned the last number and some mumbling gimp answered but made no sense. Ten minutes later i get a call off someone trying to buy smack.

Had to change as my old Moto wouldn't download some Apps due to its age and what Android system it was running on, updates had finished a couple of years ago otherwise it worked perfectly even though my mobile's get a lot of use.

Let the musthaves spend crazy money....
I’d be very wary of using a smartphone (android or Apple), that doesn’t have any software updates due to its age.

A simple recieved text (or even a completely silent text) can pwn your mobile, depending on the security hole.

I'm looking at reluctantly buying a new phone. Nowt wrong with the old one but some bastard lifted it when it was next to me on the park bench the other day.

Oh yea that old chestnut, fucking will lose your phone in a park in the dark, good job I know you and believe you, hundreds wouldn't :)

Not got myself a new phone since about the iPhone 5. Had my missus’s cast offs for the last 10 years but luckily she’s one of those cranks who has to get the brand new version so I’m usually only one behind.
£1500 she spent on the last one ffs!! Did I mention she’s a crank?

I’d be very wary of using a smartphone (android or Apple), that doesn’t have any software updates due to its age.

A simple recieved text (or even a completely silent text) can pwn your mobile, depending on the security hole.
Fair comment, I did have security on my old one but how good it was is anybody's guess.

Fair comment, I did have security on my old one but how good it was is anybody's guess.
It would be when the phone doesn't get those updates, i'd definitely upgrade.
The amount of stuff people have associated/accessible with their phone, means it should be a security no-brainer....except if all you do on it is make/receive phone calls - and nothing else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.