New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

It'll be a draft system next and then the money will move to Spain where it can breath.

There’s only 3 clubs in Spain that would interest the best PL players. They can’t all play for all for those 3 Spanish clubs. There Isn’t going to be a mass exodus of the best players from the PL to Spain or to any other country. La Liga also has a spending cap.

I bet Tebas and La Liga cannot believe their luck.

They don't even need to try and better themselves at this rate, they cam just watching from a far at the PL destroying itself and in time La Liga will just overtake.

The minute the government got involved the money men's arses must have started twitching. This could very well be either the start of a ESL in earnest or Spain becoming the beneficiary of everyone at meeting level kicking the shit out of a cash cow.

That only works properly if every league does it.

La Liga doesnt have those controls, neither does Serie A.

Nothing stopping teams in those league paying the demanded transfer fees and wages.

Nothing except the much harsher financial rules in Spain, and UEFA rules meaning no one in Italy can afford the wages the PL players are getting now, much less in the future.

If, in purest terms, all clubs can spend the same amount (which is what I've inferred from the announcement, admittedly I could be wrong) then I don't see the issue with it.

A draft system similar to US sports would be the fairest approach but that's a logistical nightmare at this stage.

Clubs can never "own" players though via a draft.

City would never "own" Foden.

All players would be contracted to league and sub-contracted out according to the draft.

There’s only 3 clubs in Spain that would interest the best PL players. They can’t all play for all for those 3 Spanish clubs. There Isn’t going to be a mass exodus of the best players from the PL to Spain or to any other country. La Liga also has a spending cap.

La Liga IMHO opinion would accept having money men moving in, and in reality this is a wage cap that is being introduced because to make the numbers match up something has to give.

I am of the opinion players are paid too much (I know other people have different views) but I can't see why people at the top are interfering with what is a system that is pumping money out left right and centre.

Clubs can never "own" players though via a draft.

City would never "own" Foden.

All players would be contracted to league and sub-contracted out according to the draft.
Which is why it's a logistical, contractual nightmare. Perchance, in a few years, a draft system could be introduced that involves out of contract players? Who knows, just thinking out loud.

No one said there would be a mass exodus.

But a death by a thousands cuts...

Slowly restricting spending will slowly mean the decline of the league.

It's madness.

Which is why it's a logistical, contractual nightmare. Perchance, in a few years, a draft system could be introduced that involves out of contract players? Who knows, just thinking out loud.

Out of contract would be a good idea actually.. keeps players in the game and would mean an Mbappe for example, as he is out of contract, would have to go to a club that has first dibs on him. i.e a lower team.

It's madness.

I really cannot emphasise enough that SPAIN ALREADY HAS A SPENDING LIMIT AND IT'S MORE STRICT THAN THIS.

It is so fucking frustrating seeing people like you writing comments about how the PL is fucking itself by introducing similar, but less strict controls than the ones already in place at all their competitors.

Every club in Spain is given a spending limit before the season. That information is public knowledge. For example Barcelona's this year is £174m.

You'll notice that £174m is roughly £400m below the proposed PL cap. So what you're getting upset about is the hypothetical that PL clubs can't spend £400m more per season than Barcelona.

It's madness.

Every month there seems to be something new, what with rule changes and financial regulations.

The model wasn't/isn't broke and someone is trying to kill it, it's like they want a big sparkly ESL with all the teams being Galactico's.

Tinfoil hat firmly on for this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.