New striker?

But we don't need a player who can hold the ball up, Burnley maybe but not us.

We need a player strong enough to withstand a defender bullying our current striker Jesus , he's techincally superb , quick and works his socks off , but he loses possession too often when defenders are breathing down his neck , i think Lumpkaku would be a better presence and would also win his fair share of headers in both boxes.
Lumpkaku wouldnt player every game but we need an alternative to our Munchkins no matter how talented they are , a Plan B.

giphy.gif

*billion
Not even as good as Buster Phillips then?
Or Gorgeous George, for that matter.

This wont be popular on here , but Lumpkaku would do a job for us , he is an alternative to the speedy , techinical players we have, a target man who can hold the ball up , we havent had a player like him since Dzeko . Inter are not loaded with money and he will be on big wages , every club will be cutting their cloth in the near future so worth a punt at £60-70m , at 27 he is in his prime. Puts tin hat on.
I fear you've not assessed Lukaku correctly and are making the same mistake Mourinho did with him.

He might be a big lump, but he plays like a little speedster. He's never really been too much of a hold up striker, although his link up play can be decent under the right circumstances.

He'd work for us in the capacity that he's got a genuine good eye for goal, both in finishing and positioning, and he'd definitely fare better aerially than others. But if you want him as some old school target man you've got the wrong guy.

There are not too many top class forwards that spring to mind, but I would take any from Lautaro Martinez, Haaland or Mbappe

Mbappe looks like it wont happen, haaland is shaping up to look like a Lewandowski replacement

Lautaro though I believe would shine in our side just as much as the other 2 would

Not really a surprise, but just been told City are actively looking for a new striker for the summer. I think it's probably a safe bet that unless Aguero finds his fitness and form (which honestly feels unlikely to me), then he'll be the one to make way.

Not really a surprise, but just been told City are actively looking for a new striker for the summer. I think it's probably a safe bet that unless Aguero finds his fitness and form (which honestly feels unlikely to me), then he'll be the one to make way.
Could do with a new forward in the January window along with a change tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.