New striker?

Exactly , that's the point I made.

We did not replace a vital player, a player whom had numerous injury issues and an ageing player, it cost us dearly.

We must not do the same with Aguero. We must look for a long term replacement now, it will considerably strengthen us, as well as protecting Aguero and probably extending his career.

I would also suggest we don't have 3 No 9 , in fact we don't have one!

Agree with most of that but not convinced by the need to find the long-term replacement for Aguero immediately. If there is one available and we can get him, then by all means get him, but if there isn’t, then why not take someone to tide us over for the next two seasons and see what happens. Someone such as Aubameyang might just suffice in that regard.

I think as a club we have become very much geared towards signing younger players whom we see as being part of the long-term project, but sometimes we just need a sticking plaster to get us through the next battle.

We didn't replace Kompany.
So a pointless analogy.

I said replace Aguero when he decides to leave. In the meantime we don't need 3 No 9s
Agree with most of that but not convinced by the need to find the long-term replacement for Aguero immediately. If there is one available and we can get him, then by all means get him, but if there isn’t, then why not take someone to tide us over for the next two seasons and see what happens. Someone such as Aubameyang might just suffice in that regard.

I think as a club we have become very much geared towards signing younger players whom we see as being part of the long-term project, but sometimes we just need a sticking plaster to get us through the next battle.
I really think we need a plan b in terms of strikers even if Aguero was a young gun.
We have missed Edin Dzeko, and a player of his type would be a great addition to our squad.
Aubameyang is a good shout but would he come to us to spend a lot of time on the bench? And he would not be cheap, 300k a week?

12 months too soon for me. I like Jesus a lot but concede that he's possibly more of a wide-forward than someone like Kane.

I think strengthening the defensive aspect of our side is a bigger priority. Players like Jesus, and Sterling can improve their goal-scoring whilst I think Foden will add goals to our side. Bernardo had a temporary dip too in form probably due to the Mendy incident, but whatever the cause, I think he will come good again so I am not worried about us gong forward. The question for me is whether Rodri will cover for the loss of Fernandinho and who partners Laporte.

This window in particular I really think we should be prioritizing defense over a striker. Matches like Norwich, Wolves Away, and Chelsea Away highlight this I think.
The way we play though means that defence and attack aren’t two separate things. We score so many goals because we overwhelm teams, often having 9 players In the attacking third. The downside is that, occasionally, it does for us defensively, as you might expect. It’s why the defensive midfielder is so vital to our team and why not getting a CH really hurt us wasn’t in ‘not having a centre half’ it was in losing the finest DM and having him play CH. That’s why I’d love us to sign Roberto from Barca, as I’m not convinced Rodri can get anywhere near being the player Fernandinho is. Funnily enough, I thought his best game for us was when he played CH at Palace, so maybe he’s an option there?

Maybe Kane's people are agitating for the move now, hence why we have to consider it before Kun leaves

We have bigger issues than an out and out striker. We will use this transfer window to address the defense and midfield and then we spend big if Aguero leaves next summer.

Torres hopefully can add another 10+ a season that we missed with Sane out. More goals from midfield wouldn't go a miss also.

Think it depends on what type of player we want to replace Aguero. If it's a young false 9 type we could probably buy this summer and ease them in using in various positions. If it's an established like for like replacement then more likely we'd line that up for next summer as they would expect to play as centre forward from the start. May also depend on Peps intentions. Think the first option is the more likely, don't know who though.

I really think we need a plan b in terms of strikers even if Aguero was a young gun.
We have missed Edin Dzeko, and a player of his type would be a great addition to our squad.
Aubameyang is a good shout but would he come to us to spend a lot of time on the bench? And he would not be cheap, 300k a week?

Why would he be on the bench more than others? If the player finishes consistently, he’s in, if he doesn’t, he’s on the bench, and that should apply no matter the player. The argument others use about keeping 4 strikers happy doesn’t apply either because we know Aguero is leaving at the end of the season anyway. I agree that someone with a bit of height would be ideal, but someone who makes the right runs and finishes first time would be equally good.

I just want a striker who is not going to take three touches to miss, who then stands with his head in his hands and then slowly looks across sheepishly to Guardiola, who by that stage is tearing his imaginary hair out and looking in an accusatory manner up at the management.

Why would he be on the bench more than others? If the player finishes consistently, he’s in, if he doesn’t, he’s on the bench, and that should apply no matter the player. The argument others use about keeping 4 strikers happy doesn’t apply either because we know Aguero is leaving at the end of the season anyway. I agree that someone with a bit of height would be ideal, but someone who makes the right runs and finishes first time would be equally good.

I just want a striker who is not going to take three touches to miss, who then stands with his head in his hands and then slowly looks across sheepishly to Guardiola, who by that stage is tearing his imaginary hair out and looking in an accusatory manner up at the management.
Aguero may not be leaving at the end of next season, there is already rumours on an extension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.