New striker?

Aguero may not be leaving at the end of next season, there is already rumours on an extension.

He’ll be 33 next summer so I doubt it. That said, I’m advocating going for a stopgap this summer, so you never know. :-)

The MEN recently made a compelling case for giving him an extension because his goal rate is higher.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/man-city-contracts-sergio-aguero-18643720

However, one could argue that the drop in work off the ball makes us less effective as a team.

Unless he’s back from injury very quickly, I reckon this could be the first time Aguero will have gone into the season having not had a proper pre-season, which normally conditions the player’s fitness. He’s generally done well early but then picked up injuries from October-December, yet more lately he’s had knocks towards the back end of a season, too, so I’d be cautious about extending until I see how the early part of the next one pans out.

I think Pep went on record a while ago to say he wasn't going to buy an all out striker again. Maybe they will when Aguero finally wants to leave, but until then i can only see him getting a player like Jesus who can play across the top 3 positions. Not sure if Torres can do this, but he is 6ft (according to wiki) so maybe he can be taught that position as well.

I think Pep went on record a while ago to say he wasn't going to buy an all out striker again. Maybe they will when Aguero finally wants to leave, but until then i can only see him getting a player like Jesus who can play across the top 3 positions. Not sure if Torres can do this, but he is 6ft (according to wiki) so maybe he can be taught that position as well.
Felix!

Pep saying stuff is starting to annoy me in a way, does that means he’s staying? For me he should be stepping up and signing on or at least let us know, as a player I’d want to know who’s going to be in charge and the management need to know as well, if Pep doesn’t want a striker and we waste a shit load of money on someone else, then the next manager turns up and says, nope I’m not playing 6his no striker stuff, then what? By all means Pep don’t buy one but as long as your going to be here for another 3 years to see those plans through. Maybe he will sign in after champions league regardless of the result, who knows but for me the biggest boost before Friday would be him signing on the dotted line for another 3 years at least.

looking at all the money that's currently being quoted out there for Strikers why not take a punt on the young Celtic striker Édouard, a very good finisher

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.