New striker?

We don't have to replace Aguero 1-1 but reorganize our team and then our possible striker range widens.

A false 9 like Felix or Dybala would be amazing here IMO but that would mean next season latest we'd have to add more goals to RW. Could even work out attacking wise with Foden, Foden takes the goals away from the striker and the striker adds the creativity we lost with Silva.

It could all work in difficult circumstances like these of course, but in future I prefer that as a tactical switch, for different jobs not as the main tactic itself.

l think football is showing us that a lot of the fucking about coaches have been up to, is not normally necessary if you get the basics right with a balanced team. Pep has perfected a possession game which works I find it frustrating that Pep won't also put his genius to the task of defending properly, being quicker & chucking a few crosses in to a cf, etc, to add to it.

If we added a bit of bog standard solid defending & chaos theory attacking, to our play, some veteran Edin Dzeko type figure would still get 20 goals from the bench, right now imo. We could still do all the other stuff, as well.

True, but Arsenal have previous of offering contracts to the wrong players and yet let players that have done them proud walk for free.
With Arteta in charge they seem to be going in the right direction, with different leadership, he's been impressive so far. They have beat us, Chelsea and Liverpool in their latest series of wins.

My fear is that we let our pursuit of Messi, with next summer being a possibility still, we get sidetracked with the hunt for a real new striker. Sergio has a fair few injuries and Messi, if he does arrive, is a 2-3 year option and may even play further back.

We need an explosive striker, i'd love for us to be doing that now. Martinez looks very Sergio-esque, Haaland will be a megastar. Come on City, splash the cash.

We need a Dzeko, a version of Edin who is happy(ish) to be on the bench and come on for those last 15/20 mins when they are sat deep and we’re crossing the ball in to our sub 6 foot forwards.

Wouldn’t want to break the bank for this type of striker but would be an asset to our squad. I think to play that role they have to be a bit older. Soooo.... Troy Deeney anyone? He comes with a bit of passion and leadership as well.

But seriously though, anyone similar that comes to mind? We could go young but they’d cost a fortune and we have to prioritise elsewhere until Sergio really is done.

Im surprised we haven't gone for Harry Kane good age prem proven and guranteed goals

There’s no way that you’d spunk £150m odd on Kane which is the sort of trumped up, overinflated price Levy would come up with. That also explains, amongst other factors, why other big hitters haven't been in for him.
I don’t watch Jesus on a regular basis but when I have, he’s technically very good but doesn’t seem confident in front of goal. It may be like the Origi situation with us, the manager clearly believes in him but ultimately he probably isn’t the man to take up the scoring mantle when the firsts are injured. My prediction though; you’ll bring in another forward before the end of the window.

Buy Haarland he is the best out there. Make them an offer they can’t refuse. This will be a statement of intent.

Thee are very few strikers capable of getting anywhere near Aguero. These Dybala's etc are absolutely nowhere near it.

I imagine his true replacement is an under the radar young player, not an established striker. The only realistic one currently in general view, who has potential to do it, is Haaland & we would have to make an offer fatty & Dortmund can't refuse, which we don't do.

We won't get Mbappe & he's not the same job anyhow.

So Aguero's genuine replacement is probably a kid.

We could hire an extra body, if Pep thinks Delap is too young to go on the bench.
I’d go as far as to say if we buy Haaland we win the league and champions league

Buy Haarland he is the best out there. Make them an offer they can’t refuse. This will be a statement of intent.

Haaland will now cost way more now than just a year ago. I would not be surprised if they price tag him more likely around £100m. Also don’t forget his agent, a nighmare doing business with. Ask RB Salzburg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.