New striker?

We need a striker with a presence in the box. Jesus works hard off the ball, his link play is great and I thought his best performance came on the left vs Madrid. But he isn’t natural goal scorer, he spends too much time coming short to find the ball rather than just waiting in and around the box

Mario Mandžukić is on a free, he would of buried both those headers vs wba​

Mario Mandžukić is on a free, he would of buried both those headers vs wba​

True if one had fallen to him, but he wouldn't have been on the end of either. It was Aguero occupying their CBs that gave Sterling and Gundogan the space to get on the end of them. Mandzukic would have served the same purpose as Aguero in these scenarios.

No striker in January . :(

It's pretty complacent and arrogant of the club to feel we already have enough to win the title and/or CL despite the goals for column and continuing inability to finish off so many chances.

Extremely disappointing we're not adding someone to freshen up the squad, give another option and put pressure on the likes of Sterling and Jesus to perform better.

It's pretty complacent and arrogant of the club to feel we already have enough to win the title and/or CL despite the goals for column and continuing inability to finish off so many chances.

Extremely disappointing we're not adding someone to freshen up the squad, give another option and put pressure on the likes of Sterling and Jesus to perform better.
Whether we are looking for a striker or not,Pep is not going to say we want a striker in January as the price will suddenly Jump up.I think we are looking but it could be summer before one arrives

No way will we get a striker ,or were we ever going to be in for one in the Jan transfer window......you ont replace someone like Aguero with the quality you need at this time of the year....that is only possible in the summer.

What is for certain is that we do need a replacement...everytime Sergio has been injured Jesus has failed to make an impression where anyone could confidently say that we dont need to go and get someone.....Jesus has his place in the starting 11 and squad but no way can we only have him....Him along with sterling are not natural finishers....when things are good and we are on top then they will get their goals BUT when things are difficult neither are the type of player to pull something out of nowehere....neither are fit to lace Aguero''s boots in this way....neither are natural goal scorers despite what stats say.

I am willing to accept not getting anyone in January as long as in the summer we have a serious window, by which I mean, a worthy replacement of Aguero, not Darwin Nunez or a nobody of that low caliber

Why are people so convinced we need a striker kuns fit again now and jesus is still here plus sterling or torres can play there if needed .i think in the summer maybe but we are covered this season.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.