New TV Offers

A bunch of chocolate fire guard recommendations there for an OP who has made clear he won’t spend more than £800.

0UEQlkh.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to get a new TV. Probably a 65". Does anyone have any insider info on when the prices might start to drop in Currys or Richer Sounds etc...?

From looking at price spy on a few sets they seem to be more expensive than around Christmas time.

I know there is usually a drop around spring when the new sets come out but if the Coronavirus is causing production issues I am worried it could be a while before the current TVs drop.
Just wait until the coronavirus causes social order to break down, join in with the riots and go looting.

Sage advice that. Have heard similar.
Got a tv off them 2 weeks before xmas. Arrived with a cracked screen. After getting no reply from phone/e-mither i resorted to their facebook page for customer assistance. Took them 3 weeks to confirm i'd sent the thing back, before being told refund would take 14 working days. Got them down to five eventually but still took 2 more weeks due to hols and weekends.
My advice for buying anything on line now is, use Amazon.

Got a tv off them 2 weeks before xmas. Arrived with a cracked screen. After getting no reply from phone/e-mither i resorted to their facebook page for customer assistance. Took them 3 weeks to confirm i'd sent the thing back, before being told refund would take 14 working days. Got them down to five eventually but still took 2 more weeks due to hols and weekends.
My advice for buying anything on line now is, use Amazon.

Curry's and Customer Service are not words that marry together well in the same sentence: Julian Richer from Richer Sounds could teach them a thing or two and the two Trustpilot review sites listed below are as different as chalk and cheese. On AV Forums website they even have a trouble shooter to assist the end users called John Clayton who of his own volition engages issues at ground level. I understand well the age old adage you can't please all of the people all of the time but surely you can aim to please most of the people most of the time by setting the bar higher.

Example: Hi there,I was obviously most concerned to read your thread and offer my apologies.I've dropped you an e-mail with some further details on in terms of resolving this for you asap.

Sincere apologies once again.

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Richer Sounds Experience Better

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dixons.co.uk

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.richersounds.com

Last edited:
Looking to spend maximum 800 but don't want to buy now if they are all going to come down in price in the next couple of weeks and I could get more bang for my buck.

Apologies OP as Dennis was more than correct on his recent hypothesis, and like a few others genuinely failed to see the budget you had set. If your pretty resolute about spending no more than £800 which to be fair is still a considerable amount of wedge for a TV then maybe it's better to get the Bangs For Bucks you desire by keeping at the 55" level.

What is it that you want the TV for in terms of it's use? For home cinema, for gaming with considerations to input lag refresh rates and HDR, good motion handling for the Footie? Are your home viewing angles also a consideration? If viewing angles are a big consideration then best to err for an OLED that are not compromised or a Samsung Q80 / Q90 FALD that cover the angles very close to that of an OLED but slightly more expensive.

Lots of considerations to take aboard matey and best to wade through the different review sites like Techradar or my own personal favourite tech site Rtings.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.