New York City FC Kit and Badge Thread

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
badman said:
Putting the Manchester rivers on a New York clubs badge is retarded.

Actually .... it was for NY's 3 rivers, The East River, The Hudson River and The Harlem River .... thought it was a nice similarity with us. But I guess not everyone got that.

So ... did another with no Manchester involved:

nycrange.jpg

Badge is very nice, not sure about the use of 'Cityzens' though.

MLS has been interested in honoring "football" heritage in the US, not necessarily related to the current teams.

There was, for one year, a club that existed in soccer called the New York Yankees. They traced their origins to the Fall River Marksmen.

Here is there badge:

Fallriver_marksmen_logo.png

They wore blue-white stripe kit.

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_River_Marksmen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_River_Marksmen</a>

Philadelphia Union have an alternate jersey this year to honor an old Bethlehem (PA) Steel team:

PHI_tertiary(FORMATTED).jpg

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
badman said:

Actually .... it was for NY's 3 rivers, The East River, The Hudson River and The Harlem River .... thought it was a nice similarity with us. But I guess not everyone got that.

nycrange.jpg

not bad.

SuperYaya said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
badman said:

nycrange.jpg

Most of the teams have a name, The Sounders, Fire, and i thought City ... Citizens of New York ... The NY Cityzens

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
SuperYaya said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

nycrange.jpg

Most of the teams have a name, The Sounders, Fire, and i thought City ... Citizens of New York ... The NY Cityzens

"Citizens" kind of implies that the players are native born new york citizens.

"New York City Blues" .. now that's a nice name :)

badman said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
SuperYaya said:

Oh yeah ... Like players at Norwich are actually canaries or players of the Chicago basketball team are actually bulls ... Never seen a team nickname that 'implies' anything .... Lol

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
badman said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

Oh yeah ... Like players at Norwich are actually canaries or players of the Chicago basketball team are actually bulls ... Never seen a team nickname that 'implies' anything .... Lol

and anyway, if a player lives in New York, whether he was born there or not, does that not make him a citizen? Carry on Zabba, your work is quality.

Here are a couple of my designs, thanks to zeven for the badge.

Home

NYCFC1_zpsef43888d.jpg

Away "Yankees" style

NYCFC2_zpsaff0eabd.jpg

In case people are a little puzzled I chose the sponsors as they currently sponsor the Yankees.

Akai said:
maybe the mods should make a separate sub-forum for NYCFC?
I reckon once they get up and running that should happen.

-- Sat May 25, 2013 9:40 am --

Don't know if its been mentioned, not read the thread yet, but New York has three rivers. The Hudson, Harlem and East rivers. There are companies - Three River Press Co., for example - that use the three rivers theme of New York too, so I assume its an important thing for the city.

Blueboy Danny said:
Here are a couple of my designs, thanks to zeven for the badge.

Home

NYCFC1_zpsef43888d.jpg

Away "Yankees" style

NYCFC2_zpsaff0eabd.jpg

In case people are a little puzzled I chose the sponsors as they currently sponsor the Yankees.

The pinstripes are good, the first one..well. the colour scheme don´t mix that good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.