New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: NYCFC Hand Out Hymn Sheets

Damocles said:
billfromthehill said:
Damocles said:
AmKLRsr.jpg

Put in all of the home singing sections around the stadium. FFS

"You might have some history,
but we don't give a crud,
Your team will always be a joke until they have a cup,
<insert opposition name here>"

They've played 9 games in their history. And won a single game since the inception of the club.

Words fucking fail me at times with this bunch of shite.

Give a crud???
It's a start ffs wats your problem

It's plastic, manufactured shite.

Songs aren't sung because somebody hands out a hymn sheet, they're emergent from the fanbase.

Saying after 9 games "these are our songs!" to a fanbase is ridiculous. And they reference a cup win that has never happened to them.
Yes but it ain't your problem is it

To be fair, there probably aren't any pre-existing songs with New York in the lyrics that they could sing instead of this manufactured nonsense....

Nope, can't think of anything... Go with the hymn sheet, you guys!

I really don't see the problem with this. As long as they don't start playing out songs through the stadium speakers, then I'm fine with this. It's a newly formed club trying to help out its new supporters while creating astmosphere at the same time.

Damocles said:
AmKLRsr.jpg

They've played 9 games in their history. And won a single game since the inception of the club.

Give a crud???

You need to get a life....

couldn't read the sheet its to small, is 'your just a bunch of wankers' on it and 'your going home in a fucking ambulance'

marco said:
couldn't read the sheet its to small, is 'your just a bunch of wankers' on it and 'your going home in a fucking ambulance'
No, but it does have 'good for you guys, with your frequent but perfectly healthy masturbation practices!' and 'you're going to get home safely whilst we stay behind to discuss our anger management issues with a qualified therapist'.

moomba said:
Atmosphere at their home games has been very good so far.

Great atmosphere for such a new club - constant noise.

As for the hymn sheets, they're not the first and won't be the last. Fan culture is different over there, I guess.

LoveCity said:
moomba said:
Atmosphere at their home games has been very good so far.

Great atmosphere for such a new club - constant noise.

As for the hymn sheets, they're not the first and won't be the last. Fan culture is different over there, I guess.

If I'm correct, it's absolutely common in MLS.

Somebody just tweeted after this that Chicago even has some 'Oh oh oh oh oh oh' lyrics written in a similar sheet, which really might went a bit far.

pride in battle said:
Damocles said:
AmKLRsr.jpg

Give a crud???

You need to get a life....

He has an opinion on everything ... and he`s never wrong.

Funny thing was, even with having to hand out the song sheets to supporters, their atmosphere was 100x better against Seattle Sounders yesterday than ours at any game at the Etihad for years. They actually have the ability to sing a song for more than 5 seconds, which is something we (and many English clubs) are completely incapable of, and their noise didn't die down when they went behind, either.

As for the use of the word "crud" provoking some mick-taking, I'd suggest that that's because MLS has a rule where fans are kicked out of the stadium if caught swearing, so they can't be seen actively promoting swear words (I don't know how you guys would interpret the word, but it's not considered offensive in the US).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.