New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: NYCFC Hand Out Hymn Sheets

oakiecokie said:
pride in battle said:
Damocles said:
AmKLRsr.jpg

Put in all of the home singing sections around the stadium. FFS

"You might have some history,
but we don't give a crud,
Your team will always be a joke until they have a cup,
<insert opposition name here>"

They've played 9 games in their history. And won a single game since the inception of the club.

Words fucking fail me at times with this bunch of shite.

Give a crud???

You need to get a life....

He has an opinion on everything ... and he`s never wrong.

Glad that youve found a way to make this about me. Keeps me warm at night knowing that I irritate you and your friends

Falastur said:
Funny thing was, even with having to hand out the song sheets to supporters, their atmosphere was 100x better against Seattle Sounders yesterday than ours at any game at the Etihad for years. They actually have the ability to sing a song for more than 5 seconds, which is something we (and many English clubs) are completely incapable of, and their noise didn't die down when they went behind, either.

As for the use of the word "crud" provoking some mick-taking, I'd suggest that that's because MLS has a rule where fans are kicked out of the stadium if caught swearing, so they can't be seen actively promoting swear words (I don't know how you guys would interpret the word, but it's not considered offensive in the US).

Like many over there, youve confused atmosphere and noise. The same mistake that all corporate types and TV watchers make

Manufactured things like the flags at Chelsea or the lights out isnt atmosphere, its noise. Atmosphere is emergent passion and by definition cannot be manufactured externally.

Oh and this isn't a cultural thing either, the rest of the MLS are pissing themselves at it aswell.

Can we have a "it crud of been 10,it crud of been 10,you lucky bastards it crud of been 10"

Damocles said:
Falastur said:
Funny thing was, even with having to hand out the song sheets to supporters, their atmosphere was 100x better against Seattle Sounders yesterday than ours at any game at the Etihad for years. They actually have the ability to sing a song for more than 5 seconds, which is something we (and many English clubs) are completely incapable of, and their noise didn't die down when they went behind, either.

As for the use of the word "crud" provoking some mick-taking, I'd suggest that that's because MLS has a rule where fans are kicked out of the stadium if caught swearing, so they can't be seen actively promoting swear words (I don't know how you guys would interpret the word, but it's not considered offensive in the US).

Like many over there, youve confused atmosphere and noise. The same mistake that all corporate types and TV watchers make

Manufactured things like the flags at Chelsea or the lights out isnt atmosphere, its noise. Atmosphere is emergent passion and by definition cannot be manufactured externally.

Oh and this isn't a cultural thing either, the rest of the MLS are pissing themselves at it aswell.

I still side with those who say that real atmosphere is the "English type", with songs spontaneously breaking out amongst fans with no provocation and so on...but only just. These last few years I've been getting more and more sick of the lack of atmosphere at English games to the point where I'm slowly being pushed to believing that it's better to hear the crowd doing *anything* than hear them quietly munching their hotdog or biting their nails. Give it a couple more years and I'm not sure if I'll agree with you any more. Putting it simply, English fans have lost the ability to make a proper atmosphere, and I think we have to be serious and admit that we're never going to be able to fix that. Society has moved on. If we want serious atmosphere, people are going to have to adapt their viewpoints and accept the facets of continental support, and MLS support is closer to what you'd see in Germany or Italy than it is to England.

As for the rest of MLS are laughing at it - of course they are. They want any reason to laugh at the team. New York has the same national dynamic that London does - everyone outside of the city hates it, so any NYC team is going to be detested. It doesn't change the fact that every MLS team uses song sheets, and so do a load of other groups. The only difference is theirs don't get reported on as NYCFC is about the only MLS team getting international attention.

Heck, I know a guy from Rome - used to be a proper skinhead type, the kind who walk around with knives in gangs when they're on the streets (and used them). Up until recently, he used to be part of their dedicated group for AS Roma who would write new songs for the fans to sing, and he would sing the lyrics which then got put on youtube for other fans to learn - they didn't hand out song sheets, but they did make other fans go to youtube to learn their songs. That's the rule, not the exception. I can't see how this is much different. OK, the songs are awful, but that's because their Supporters Group is awful, with a load of idiots with no clue in charge (partly CFG's fault incidentally, because CFG has a very heavy hand in controlling their supporters group, but seems to be blind to the group's mistakes).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.