New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

It's all a bit cringey on that forum, but forums in general offer a platform for idiots. You could go on any football forum in the world as an MCFC fan and within half an hour be under the impression that the club is purely followed by aggressive divvies. When we played Sunderland last year in the cup final, the day was surrounded by a warm atmosphere between fans. Big groups of them were shaking our hands and we were still drinking with their fans at 2 in the morning, singing and having a laugh. Yet I came on here a day or two later to find people up in arms about comments about our club and fans made on their forum. The internet is a great leveller, the daftest opinions get the most attention, and the moderate/fair majority chug along almost unnoticed.

If Sheikh Mansour wants NYCFC to do well then that's good enough for me. Go Yankees (or WOOP WOOP or whatever)

As an aside, I was listening to some stuff yesterday about how seriously the US government is taking football, as an industry and political tool. Being able to offer our stars the luxury of a final payday in New York must be a huge carrot for us to use with existing or future players. Is that what Yaya's been offered? Maybe even Pellegrini? The USA has a big pull for a lot of people, especially if you're given a Central Park Apartment and £120K a week to play at Division 1 standard.

It's all a bit cringey on that forum, but forums in general offer a platform for idiots. You could go on any football forum in the world as an MCFC fan and within half an hour be under the impression that the club is purely followed by aggressive divvies. When we played Sunderland last year in the cup final, the day was surrounded by a warm atmosphere between fans. Big groups of them were shaking our hands and we were still drinking with their fans at 2 in the morning, singing and having a laugh. Yet I came on here a day or two later to find people up in arms about comments about our club and fans made on their forum. The internet is a great leveller, the daftest opinions get the most attention, and the moderate/fair majority chug along almost unnoticed.

If Sheikh Mansour wants NYCFC to do well then that's good enough for me. Go Yankees (or WOOP WOOP or whatever)

As an aside, I was listening to some stuff yesterday about how seriously the US government is taking football, as an industry and political tool. Being able to offer our stars the luxury of a final payday in New York must be a huge carrot for us to use with existing or future players. Is that what Yaya's been offered? Maybe even Pellegrini? The USA has a big pull for a lot of people, especially if you're given a Central Park Apartment and £120K a week to play at Division 1 standard.

Great post ruined by the last three words.... I'd day somewhere between the 4th division and the conference. Remember Bradley Wright-Phillips was top scorer last season!

+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.