New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

@Typical Midas

Fair play mate for coming on here, it took some balls to do that considering how your name gets brought up - myself included at times. I'll probably give your forums another whack as I did enjoy myself for the most part and at the end of the day we all have common goals on the NYC forum, that we win!

I think most of us just need to start again and draw a line under most of this stuff. Both sides have done stuff wrong and to continue arguing isn't going to get us anywhere.

No. It's not. I was citing an example of what people seen to be so worked up about.

That's where the hatred started and where the criticism seems to sten from. If people want to be offended, they'll find a reason. If they need to be respected by a message board, they'll find empty heartache

I think both sides make a lot of sense when they approach from a *my feelings are based on what is best for my team".

Some people don't. They expect reverence or something similar. That shit just won't happen. We just wanted a team in the city. The fact that CFG owns it is pure bonus because they have football personnel already in place.

And if you need someone from our shit minor league over here to grant you reverence in order to feel pride, or if you feel as though it is owed you, I'd ask you how much you pay on our player salaries, stadium rent, pr campaigns, or why it is even important to have us dumb MLS fucks respect you given that your tean is as fucking great as is.

And it is. That's not sarcasm. You have a great team. If you need us as NYC fans to meet your imaginary standard or offer some sort of deference or appreciation to your club, of which you pay exactly none of the operating costs, then that is way more your problem as a supporter than it is ours.

You guys have a great team. Why fuck with us and our efforts to build a good little fanbase for what is a very comparatively minor league. . It is really not flattering, man.
Do you still believe my comment regarding Villa was snide?

No. It's not. I was citing an example of what people seen to be so worked up about.

That's where the hatred started and where the criticism seems to sten from. If people want to be offended, they'll find a reason. If they need to be respected by a message board, they'll find empty heartache

I think both sides make a lot of sense when they approach from a *my feelings are based on what is best for my team".

Some people don't. They expect reverence or something similar. That shit just won't happen. We just wanted a team in the city. The fact that CFG owns it is pure bonus because they have football personnel already in place.

And if you need someone from our shit minor league over here to grant you reverence in order to feel pride, or if you feel as though it is owed you, I'd ask you how much you pay on our player salaries, stadium rent, pr campaigns, or why it is even important to have us dumb MLS fucks respect you given that your tean is as fucking great as is.

And it is. That's not sarcasm. You have a great team. If you need us as NYC fans to meet your imaginary standard or offer some sort of deference or appreciation to your club, of which you pay exactly none of the operating costs, then that is way more your problem as a supporter than it is ours.

You guys have a great team. Why fuck with us and our efforts to build a good little fanbase for what is a very comparatively minor league. . It is really not flattering, man.

You need to lay off the Red Bull mate.

One of your earlier posts was regarding 'banning' 'MCFC' fans for posting 'MCFC' stuff on your site. Isn't that what you're doing here?

It's good to see the same treatment isn't reciprocated by the mods on here.

You need to lay off the Red Bull mate.

One of your earlier posts was regarding 'banning' 'MCFC' fans for posting 'MCFC' stuff on your site. Isn't that what you're doing here?

It's good to see the same treatment isn't reciprocated by the mods on here.
Feel free to post in the Liverpool thread while your here

Do you still believe my comment regarding Villa was snide?
Yes.

@Typical Midas

Fair play mate for coming on here, it took some balls to do that considering how your name gets brought up - myself included at times. I'll probably give your forums another whack as I did enjoy myself for the most part and at the end of the day we all have common goals on the NYC forum, that we win!

I think most of us just need to start again and draw a line under most of this stuff. Both sides have done stuff wrong and to continue arguing isn't going to get us anywhere.
Thank you. I agree. The fault for the animosity, as real as it is and probably deserves to be, is due mostly to bungled efforts to obfuscate truths. If everything had been treated transparently and revealed to us NYC folks at the time, it would have diminished the fears many of us had.

Instead, it was all done in the worst possible manner from our perspective.

As I've said, you folk should always want what is best for your team. We NYC folk, whatever criticism you want to levy, will want the same. When we react poorly to it, we get criticism from you. If we roll over, we get criticism every where else.

What can we do? We, or at least me for sure, are the day 1 ticket holders. We get shit from every corner of the soccer world. So when Dan has an arguably short fuse over our supposed family bashing us, it comes from his heart being in the right place. (Edited: Dan actually doesn't like me so much as far I can tell, so he has no bearing on what I post here or there and my compliments to him are genuine and sincere.)

We're already the most hated club in MLS. It would be nice to have some more folks cover our backs rather than make us all fight on yet another front.

Again, respect to MCFC. You boys have seen it all. When us fans of the new club are mad, it isn't at you wanting the best for your team. It is because we would prefer ownership act in the best interest of our club.

At some point, it will (or may - we can't know) be a more delicate balance than today. I hope you are never left feeling like we did. Good will and best of luck to all of you.

Last edited:
Nearly 40 years a blue.

Btw, wasn't it you who was moaning earlier about getting snubbed when asking for Raheem Sterling's autograph?

Isn't/wasn't he a Liverpool player at the time of the snubbing?
And I'm the Liverpool fan? Ha ( :-)
Not you mate sorry.Midas is a Liverpool supporter hates everything Mancunian everything cfg everything about nycfc ,every nycfc player and everybody in general

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.