New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8905771/transfer-news-manchester-citys-samir-nasri-would-like-to-play-in-the-mls-at-some-stage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... some-stage</a>

Off you go lad.

sergiokun said:
Nasri reveals MLS ambition

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri claims he would like to experience life in the American MLS before heading back to his roots at Marseille.

The France international is in no rush to leave the Etihad Stdaium, having penned a long-term contract upon his arrival in 2011.

He is, however, aware that the time will come to move on at some stage.

A return to Marseille would certainly appeal to a man who graduated out of the academy system at Stade Velodrome, but Nasri concedes that such a switch forms no part of his immediate plans.

The 26-year-old told L'Equipe: "Clearly, economic reality stops me from thinking about playing at OM right now.

"In the future, I don't know yet. I would like to discover the MLS. I love American culture."

For now, Nasri remains very much part of the set-up at Manchester City, with new Blues boss Manuel Pellegrini having made it clear that he is counting on the talented playmaker to raise his game and rid himself of the inconsistencies which marred his 2012/13 campaign.

Nasri added: "I had a talk with Manuel Pellegrini. We'll see what happens.

"He came to me the first day and told me that he was counting on me, that I would be an important player, that I was going to play.

"We'll see - I'm not worrying about it. If I'm good, the coach will play me. He's just arrived and he has to get results."

-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:41 pm --

Will we see some of our players heading over there?? Maybe even Barry next year

After I heard Henry was on $4 Million per year, NOW I know why these guys would LOV to ca$h in during the twilight of their careers!!! had no clue Henry made that much!!!

Frank the Yank said:
sergiokun said:
Nasri reveals MLS ambition

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri claims he would like to experience life in the American MLS before heading back to his roots at Marseille.

The France international is in no rush to leave the Etihad Stdaium, having penned a long-term contract upon his arrival in 2011.

He is, however, aware that the time will come to move on at some stage.

A return to Marseille would certainly appeal to a man who graduated out of the academy system at Stade Velodrome, but Nasri concedes that such a switch forms no part of his immediate plans.

The 26-year-old told L'Equipe: "Clearly, economic reality stops me from thinking about playing at OM right now.

"In the future, I don't know yet. I would like to discover the MLS. I love American culture."

For now, Nasri remains very much part of the set-up at Manchester City, with new Blues boss Manuel Pellegrini having made it clear that he is counting on the talented playmaker to raise his game and rid himself of the inconsistencies which marred his 2012/13 campaign.

Nasri added: "I had a talk with Manuel Pellegrini. We'll see what happens.

"He came to me the first day and told me that he was counting on me, that I would be an important player, that I was going to play.

"We'll see - I'm not worrying about it. If I'm good, the coach will play me. He's just arrived and he has to get results."

-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:41 pm --

Will we see some of our players heading over there?? Maybe even Barry next year

After I heard Henry was on $4 Million per year, NOW I know why these guys would LOV to ca$h in during the twilight of their careers!!! had no clue Henry made that much!!!

No sh*t Frank, this was reported by Forbes;
"David Beckham signed a contract in January 2007 to join the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer. His deal was widely reported to be for $250 million over five years. The reality is the $250 million was the potential earnings for Beckham from all sources on and off the field. His base salary was $6.5 million a year and he received a percentage of Galaxy revenue that brought the total to $50 million over the five years.

And despite turning 37 in May, Beckham continues to be the sport’s top-earner off the pitch. Forbes examines the world’s highest-paid athletes each year and Beckham ranked No. 8 this summer with earnings of $46 million. It is estimated that Beckham earned $255 million over the past six years in MLS, including salary, revenue sharing, endorsements, appearances and licensing (he signed a two-year contract extension with the Galaxy in January, but will depart with a year left on the deal)."

For the record;
The highest-paid players in 2012 in the MLS overall were:

1. Thierry Henry, New York, $5.6 million
2. Rafa Marquez, New York, $4.6 million
3. David Beckham, L.A., $4 million
4. Tim Cahill, New York, $3.6 million
5. Robbie Keane, L.A., $3.4 million
6. Landon Donovan, L.A., $2.4 million
7. Torsten Frings, Toronto, $2.4 million
8. Marco Di Vaio, Montreal, $1.9 million
9. Julian DeGuzman, Dallas, $1.9 million
10. Danny Koevermans, Toronto, $1.6 million
11. Kris Boyd, Portland, $1.5 million
12. Kenny Miller, Vancouver, $1.2 million

They are the only players in the league making more than $1 million.

So both Tim Cahill & Robbie Keane both earned between $280,000 & $300,00 per month, $70,000 & $75,000 per week respectively - not a bad gig at all!! And the 'legendary Kenny Miller, when he's not scoring against England, earned $100,00 per month, $25,000 per week!! with all his board and lodgings paid also......... in a fascinating and beautiful City (albeit a wee bit wet sometimes) one things for sure.......

Don't knock the MLS, there is a lot of money to be made out here.

Bronx is the absolute worst location for the stadium. Driving to the games is a nightmare because traffic through and into the Bronx is horrible. There's no access to get there easily from Brooklyn, Queens or Long Island without long commutes via subway and Long Island Rail Road not to mention it's the friggin Bronx. Manhattan location at Pier 40 made the most sense. Easy to get to from Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens as well as via Long Island Railroad. But another option would be to extend out from Pier 63 at a place called Chelsea Waterside and there's plenty of available docking for Mansour's yacht.

NYCFC makes its 2nd hire, Tim Pernetti as CBO.
<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2013/September/New-York-City-Chief-Business-Officer-Appointed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2013/ ... -Appointed</a>

He had previously been the AD for Rutgers, who was forced to resign when tape revealing abuse by basketball coach Mike Rice surfaced, and he failed to fire the coach, rather issuing a fine and suspension.

Peoria Blue said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2013/September/New-York-City-Chief-Business-Officer-Appointed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2013/ ... -Appointed</a>

He had previously been the AD for Rutgers, who was forced to resign when tape revealing abuse by basketball coach Mike Rice surfaced, and he failed to fire the coach, rather issuing a fine and suspension.

I was reading about this yesterday when I saw a leak that Pernetti had been hired. Apparently it's more complicated than that he just failed to fire the coach. Supposedly he wanted to fire the guy - he wanted to have him fired on the spot for his actions - but he was told by university officials that they wanted to go through a disciplinary involving lawyers before making any actions, and they then decided that he couldn't be fired. The university president then stepped in, fired the coach and forced Pernetti to resign, saying that Mike Rice should never have been allowed to stay long enough for a disciplinary. Or at least, that's what Pernetti claims. I'm not sure exactly what to read into it. I'm just hoping he won't be another controversial figure.

NEW YORK — Ousted Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti has been named the chief business officer of the New York City Football Club. The Major League Soccer team announced the appointment on Monday. The expansion team is a joint venture that pairs Manchester City Football Club with the New York Yankees. Pernetti served four years as Rutgers’ athletic director before being forced to resign in April for his handling of a scandal involving basketball coach Mike Rice, who verbally abused his players. The popular Pernetti suspended and fined Rice, also forcing him to undergo anger management. University president Robert Barchi fired Rice after viewing films of the abuse four months later and then forced his athletic director to step down. Pernetti, who helped to engineer Rutgers’ entrance into the Big Ten Conference next season, will bring more than 18 years of business and media experience to his new job. He will oversee all business operations for the team, which is set to start play in 2015. The club previously hired Claudio Reyna as director of all football operations. “The post of Chief Business Officer attracted a significant number of high-caliber candidates, but Tim’s extensive experience in New York sports business was particularly compelling,” said Ferran Soriano, the team’s chief executive. “He fits perfectly within our organization, adding different skills and talent to our existing international management group. He is the ideal person for this role.” The job is Pernetti’s first since Rutgers. “I relish the opportunity to be part of a global organization, and also to use my experience to create a first class club for New Yorkers and one in which they will always have a voice,” Pernetti said. “This is a tremendously exciting time for all involved and interested in soccer in New York.”

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://nesn.com/2013/09/new-york-city-fc-hires-former-rutgers-athletic-director-tim-pernetti-to-oversee-business-operations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nesn.com/2013/09/new-york-city-f ... perations/</a>?

Falastur said:
Peoria Blue said:

I was reading about this yesterday when I saw a leak that Pernetti had been hired. Apparently it's more complicated than that he just failed to fire the coach. Supposedly he wanted to fire the guy - he wanted to have him fired on the spot for his actions - but he was told by university officials that they wanted to go through a disciplinary involving lawyers before making any actions, and they then decided that he couldn't be fired. The university president then stepped in, fired the coach and forced Pernetti to resign, saying that Mike Rice should never have been allowed to stay long enough for a disciplinary. Or at least, that's what Pernetti claims. I'm not sure exactly what to read into it. I'm just hoping he won't be another controversial figure.

As a fan of another Big East basketball program, I personally wouldn't believe anything Pernetti has to say on the matter. He just assumed there wasn't video evidence or that if there was, it wouldn't surface...

I don't see the logic in this hiring. Rutgers is the epitome of college sports mediocrity. It's great that he got them into the Big 10 conference, but it wasn't exactly the most difficult accomplishment...The Big 10 wanted to expand into new/big tv markets, NYC being a prime target. Rutgers was literally the only game in town to make that happen, especially given the combination of athletic and non-athletic requirements for entry into the conference. How much credit do you get for not screwing up a winning hand?

Anyone know they'd hired a manager (head coach)?

http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2013/December/Head-Coach

New York City FC is today delighted to announce that it has appointed Jason Kreis as its Head Coach. The team, which will begin playing in its inaugural season in 2015, was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th Expansion Club in May this year.

The role, which formally begins in January 2014, will see Kreis first travel to England to spend time at English Premier League associate club Manchester City FC. There, he will work closely with Head Coach Manuel Pellegrini, World Cup winner Patrick Vieira and Txiki Bergiristain, the club’s Director of Football, Champions League winner, and former Director of Football at FC Barcelona.

During this time, Kreis will be immersed in all aspects of Manchester City FC, observing in particular, the club’s approach to coaching, training, and player development, with the goal of applying similar approaches to New York City FC.

Kreis joins the Club having spent nearly seven years in charge of Real Salt Lake, during which time the team reached its first post-season playoff appearance in 2008, won its first MLS Cup Championship in 2009 and, most recently, came second by the narrowest of margins to Sporting Kansas City following a dramatic penalty shoot- out last weekend in the 2013 MLS Cup Championship.

His playing record at Dallas Burn and Real Salt Lake is equally impressive, having been the Major League Soccer’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 1999, the third highest scorer in MLS regular season history and the first to hit 100 MLS career goals. After retiring as a player from professional soccer during the 2007 season, he was immediately named head coach of Real Salt Lake, becoming the youngest active head coach in MLS.

Speaking of the appointment, NYCFC’s Sporting Director, Claudio Reyna said, “Jason is one of the true pioneers of Major League Soccer, and a leader any team would be proud to have at the helm. His skills and experience, together with his commitment to quality football make him the ideal choice to lead New York City FC in its first season and beyond. He has already left a historic mark on the league, both as a player and coach and we have every confidence in him continuing to do so at New York City FC.”

Echoing these sentiments, the Club’s Chief Executive Officer, Ferran Soriano said, “We are delighted that Jason is joining us as our Head Coach. His experience in MLS speaks for itself and he will be able to add to that experience by working with our football team in Manchester during 2014. With the leadership of Jason and Claudio we are providing New York City FC with both top-level knowledge of soccer in the US and world class soccer know-how from Europe. This is the ideal platform for NYCFC to start. We are very excited.”

Jason Kreis commented, “I am looking forward to making my contribution to New York City FC from the very outset. The opportunity to develop the first professional club based in New York City was impossible to pass up as was the chance to immerse myself in the football operations in Manchester observing some of the leading figures in European football. There will be a lot to do before our inaugural season in 2015, but I’m confident that with the support teams in the City organization, we will be well placed to hit the ground running.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone associated with Real Salt Lake, including its fantastic fans for the many special years I spent there. I wish them all the very best for the future."

M24 Citizen said:
Anyone know they'd hired a manager (head coach)?

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the Jason Kreis thread:)
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294453&p=7344449&hilit=kreis#p7344449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294453&p=7344449&hilit=kreis#p7344449</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.