New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

NYC just in it's first year though. And build from scratch (whereas Melb City was build from slightly better than scratch).

Marinos struggled in first half a year as well. As to be fair did we for a season under the welsh wonder.

NYC just in it's first year though. And build from scratch (whereas Melb City was build from slightly better than scratch).

Marinos struggled in first half a year as well. As to be fair did we for a season under the welsh wonder.

Whilst I agree about NYCFC's debut season, there are horrifying comparisons akin to Mr Hughes' appointment at City.

Lessons to be learned and sharply.

Whilst I agree about NYCFC's debut season, there are horrifying comparisons akin to Mr Hughes' appointment at City.

Lessons to be learned and sharply.
Agreed.

It's like going back in time watching them.

They need to get a decent pitch and proper stadium too

Yeh the pitch is a pretty big problem going forward, with the style of football they are aiming to play. From what I've read there's not much space in New York to build a stadium, let alone extra space for training facilities/academy(they will probably have to build that elsewhere). On top of that the powers that be are apparently driving a hard bargain, to the point that our owner has walked away 3-4 times from proposed sites(sounds like greed holding things back and probably is), they believe they know the worth of New York and keep asking for a sweeter deal every time negotiations get off the ground. They forget that he's a good businessman with a long term view, so whatever they've been asking it's gotta be so bad that he see's it as too much of a risk financially, he's not in it to throw 100's of millions at something if he doesn't think he will make it back eventually. I had a thought that it might even have a lot to do with the Etihad sponsorship too, American airlines are loosing out to foreign companies like Etihad all the time, it might be that they don't want him there so are messing him about.

Here's a recent article on the difficulties of getting a deal done so far:
http://fusion.net/story/217487/mls-nycfc-soccer-specific-stadium-new-york-city/

Last edited:
Yeh the pitch is a pretty big problem going forward, with the style of football they are aiming to play. From what I've read there's not much space in New York to build a stadium, let alone extra space for training facilities/academy(they will probably have to build that elsewhere). On top of that the powers that be are apparently driving a hard bargain, to the point that our owner has walked away 3-4 times from proposed sites(sounds like greed holding things back and probably is), they believe they know the worth of New York and keep asking for a sweeter deal every time negotiations get off the ground. They forget that he's a good businessman with a long term view, so whatever they've been asking it's gotta be so bad that he see's it as too much of a risk financially, he's not in it to throw 100's of millions at something if he doesn't think he will make it back eventually. I had a thought that it might even have a lot to do with the Etihad sponsorship too, American airlines are loosing out to foreign companies like Etihad all the time, it might be that they don't want him there so are messing him about.

Here's a recent article on the difficulties of getting a deal done so far:
http://fusion.net/story/217487/mls-nycfc-soccer-specific-stadium-new-york-city/
What happened to the land right next to the Yankee Stadium that was supposed to be the new stadium?

What happened to the land right next to the Yankee Stadium that was supposed to be the new stadium?
I'm not sure, is that the Yankee Parking Garage talked about in the article? That's the other half of it, because it's a joint ownership the fact that the Yankees have debts(well I'm not sure who owes the rent debt as Yankee Parking Garage is talked about as a separate company so I'm a bit confused with that to be honest) and failed to meet on the promises to the community etc it's not helping things either.

Gonzalez notes that the city is already owed about $50 million in back rent; the IBO, meanwhile, calculates that tallied up through 2056, the forgiven rent payments would add up to about $150 million, though in present value it’d be closer to $50 million. So if we count the forgiven garage rent as $100 million total, and add in probably another $150 million or so in tax breaks and free land for the stadium, we’re now looking at the city — if new mayor Bill de Blasio goes ahead with the deal started by his predecessor Michael Bloomberg — providing more than $250 million in subsidies for a project that only costs $350 million to build.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.