New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Absolutely. City will always be my first team, but I live in the states and this will be a way for me to offer more support to the club than just going to the games when they are here in the off-season, buying some kits, and giving them website hits. I have only missed a handful of games in the last 8 or 9 years when getting a streaming became consistent. This just gives me more football to watch and have some sort of investment in. I live in-between Dallas and Houston so that gives me 4-5 games I can get to, plus hopefully making 1 or 2 games in New York when I can land some cheap airfare.

I know what you're saying, but there are some things that simply have to be taken. The songs are being proposed because the fans want an English atmosphere, as the American sports atmosphere is stereotyped as a cross between sterile and too choreographed. To replicate this, a lot of them are proposing any English songs they are used to and that they like, and just removing the references to the original club. Far be it from me to say so, but this does occasionally happen in England too. We were not the first team to sing Blue Moon.

I wouldn't worry too much anyhow. A metric ton of songs are being proposed right now, and 90% of them are being lost under the sheer weight of numbers of songs proposed. Most of the ones you don't like will simply never see the light of day. Most of the truly popular ones are instead contemporary songs which reference NYC in the lyrics.

Don't worry too much about it, anyway - people have been quick to suggest that City songs shouldn't be sung to avoid the Chivas references. By the same logic, most songs with connections to PL teams will not be used, to avoid the accusations of transplant culture. At the end of the day, though, there are some things which you may not like but simply have to accept. I personally didn't like it when people stopped doing the Poznan and when City stopped playing Boys in Blue after games. I know many people didn't want us to invade the pitch when we won the second title. Some things you just can't change, though.

As for the factions, they are geographic only. They aren't meant to be anything major, they are there to encourage fans to get together before games for drinks, or to meet at a local pub for always. NYC is too big for someone from Quuens to just go to Manhattan to watch a game on a pub TV, so breaking down into smaller groups is inevitable. There won't be a "Man Utd NYCFC fans" faction as it both doesn't make sense for the purposes of factions and it makes a further mockery of NYCFC's claim to be independent of other foreign teams. There's no "BVB MCFC fan club", it shouldnt happen here. People are welcome to support foreign teams but we ask them not to try to try to copy-paste elements of other clubs onto NYCFC. As a member of their forum's leadership, I can assure you of that.

Juan King said:
No, I won't be following them. I wish them well but I think I can only ever support one team. I don't really understand people who have a team in several countries that they claim to support.

There's only one City!

Would you support City reserve/youth team?

SuperYaya said:
Juan King said:
No, I won't be following them. I wish them well but I think I can only ever support one team. I don't really understand people who have a team in several countries that they claim to support.

There's only one City!

Exactly. I support City. City obviously supports NYCFC. (Hell they are announcing signings for NYCFC on the club site) There-in-turn, I support what city supports, just like I support the womens team, the youth teams and eventually, other teams in the city group. Since I live in the states, this will give me just another vessel to support City.

Great 1st signing for them. David Villa. Remember when commentators were getting him and Silva mixed up when we signed him.

I personally won't, but NYD7G (my American partner Bluemoon member) will do so.

Falastur said:
I know what you're saying, but there are some things that simply have to be taken. The songs are being proposed because the fans want an English atmosphere, as the American sports atmosphere is stereotyped as a cross between sterile and too choreographed. To replicate this, a lot of them are proposing any English songs they are used to and that they like, and just removing the references to the original club. Far be it from me to say so, but this does occasionally happen in England too. We were not the first team to sing Blue Moon.

I wouldn't worry too much anyhow. A metric ton of songs are being proposed right now, and 90% of them are being lost under the sheer weight of numbers of songs proposed. Most of the ones you don't like will simply never see the light of day. Most of the truly popular ones are instead contemporary songs which reference NYC in the lyrics.

Don't worry too much about it, anyway - people have been quick to suggest that City songs shouldn't be sung to avoid the Chivas references. By the same logic, most songs with connections to PL teams will not be used, to avoid the accusations of transplant culture. At the end of the day, though, there are some things which you may not like but simply have to accept. I personally didn't like it when people stopped doing the Poznan and when City stopped playing Boys in Blue after games. I know many people didn't want us to invade the pitch when we won the second title. Some things you just can't change, though.

As for the factions, they are geographic only. They aren't meant to be anything major, they are there to encourage fans to get together before games for drinks, or to meet at a local pub for always. NYC is too big for someone from Quuens to just go to Manhattan to watch a game on a pub TV, so breaking down into smaller groups is inevitable. There won't be a "Man Utd NYCFC fans" faction as it both doesn't make sense for the purposes of factions and it makes a further mockery of NYCFC's claim to be independent of other foreign teams. There's no "BVB MCFC fan club", it shouldnt happen here. People are welcome to support foreign teams but we ask them not to try to try to copy-paste elements of other clubs onto NYCFC. As a member of their forum's leadership, I can assure you of that.

Hi Falastur,
I am not a complete bigot (and I know you did not accuse me of being), and I completely understand what you are saying, however to my mind NYCFC are a Man City Franchise.
You wouldn't walk into McDonalds and find a KFC menu up would you?

I am not saying we should go into Chivas mode and declare that NYCFC are the all conquering minion of Man City, but certain standards should be maintained. I for one was planning to go to go out there to take in a game or two, but I am put off by the thought of sharing the home terrace with Man United shirts (amongst others). Look at the avitar badge I posted from the NYCFC site earlier half ManU half NYCFC, its cringeworthy (albeit probably acceptable in American Society)

I love American people, for my first visit out there (Las Vegas, San Fran, Oahu, Maui) I was expecting the "big mouth" loud brash society portrayed by the media. I was pleasantly surprised to find really nice genuine folk all over. In fact during one stay in San Fran I was the only Blue in an Irish Bar full of (American) reds. Kompany scored the winner and nearly every red in the bar must have congratulated me and bought me a drink (including the landlord). Suffice to say Mrs E carried me out, pushed me in a cab, and still made me go on our pre arranged trip across choppy water to Alcatraz. I have no recollection of the trip but MrsE often regales friends with the tale of the trip over !!!!!

Anyway back to the matter in hand, can you name me any franchise whereby opposing brands are allowed to populate there domains (be it web or physical). It should not happen and should not be allowed to happen. I hope NYCFC is successful, I really do (at the moment) and that in time the MLS can match or surpass the premier league and NYCFC becomes the major input into the brand. But right now it is a City brand, and should be sold that way.

I really do not like the Anti City content (see the Poznan page for example) being allowed to populate the supporters forums. How would the fans of NYCFC like to see us start boasting about our love for LA Galaxy on blue moon once the club is launched and real passion starts. They would view it as wrongful and treacherous wouldn't they.

Sorry Falastur, I respect your views, and admire your work on there site, but I think you are wrong in allowing content promoting / associationg other prem clubs in any way at all.

if you meen follow them around the usa then no but will watch the games on tv if they are on why not they are part of our little family and its nice to watch your younger cousin grow up.

SuperYaya said:
Juan King said:

There's only one City!

What on earth does that have to do with some American club 3000 miles away?
I too only support Manchester City.
I don't have second teams, or teams I have a soft spot for, and I certainly don't have any affinity whatsoever with this new franchise.
Like others, I wish them well because their owners are our owners, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if they were a ladies baseball team.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SuperYaya said:
Juan King said:

There's only one City!

What on earth does that have to do with some American club 3000 miles away?
I too only support Manchester City.
I don't have second teams, or teams I have a soft spot for, and I certainly don't have any affinity whatsoever with this new franchise.
Like others, I wish them well because their owners are our owners, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if they were a ladies baseball team.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.