New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

mancity dan said:
Just seen this on the nycfc.com website on the story of Villa signing.

Transaction Detail: New York City FC (MLS) – Signed F David Villa
David Villa
Pronunciation: Dah-vid Vee-Ah
Jersey Number: #7
Position: Forward
Height: 5’9"
Weight: 148
D.O.B.: 3/12/81
Hometown: Langreo, Spain
Birthplace: Langreo, Spain
Citizenship: Spanish
Previous Clubs: Atlético Madrid, FC Barcelona, Valencia, Real Zaragoza, Sporting Gijon
How Acquired: Signed by New York City FC on a free transfer from Atlético Madrid

Are they trying to tell NYCFC fan's that they are a bit simple. Pronunciation haha

Ah I see.... It's pronounced different to Ass-ton Vill-a then!!

To answer the op's question; yes I will. Not to the same extent I follow MCFC of course, but I'll watch a few games and keep myself updated. Might go there to watch a game live as well.

DiscoSteve said:
Not a bad start Lampard and Villa - I'll definitely follow them, have some merchandise already and am eyeing up a home game in NY next May

Is fine if you like addidas. they have a contract that gives them exclusivity to manufacture kit/sportswear to every single team in the league. Sounds anti-competitive. A bit Like the MLS itself which does not allow relegation and/or promotion. not for me. Think il give it a miss.

"From mcfc.co.uk: Villa becomes our sister side’s first Designated Player and soccer fans in New York will now have the opportunity to watch one of the biggest names in world football when the inaugural campaign begins early next year."

So not a subsidiary then?

Unfortunately I cannot. I started following City prior to Seattle launching an MLS franchise and becoming a STH. I consider myself City first, MLS second. No room for another, especially within the MLS.

If they're entertaining and showcase world class players alongside a fair few of our young talents then sure, why not?

I will be interested to see how they get on and they will certainly be "my MLS club". Always really liked David villa and it feels strange to see him holding the sky blue scarf but not signing for manchester city.

Corky said:
"From mcfc.co.uk: Villa becomes our sister side’s first Designated Player and soccer fans in New York will now have the opportunity to watch one of the biggest names in world football when the inaugural campaign begins early next year."

So not a subsidiary then?

Joint venture between Mcfc and the New York Yankees. Apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.