New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Corky said:
warpig said:
Corky said:
"From mcfc.co.uk: Villa becomes our sister side’s first Designated Player and soccer fans in New York will now have the opportunity to watch one of the biggest names in world football when the inaugural campaign begins early next year."

So not a subsidiary then?

Joint venture between Mcfc and the New York Yankees. Apparently.

Sister club suggests same parent company though doesn't it, if MCFC own the shares this would not be correct, if ADUG owned them then it would.

Depends if you view your sister as your mother or your sister as your sister I suppose. But ultimately you are right.

Far too much animosity on here.

If NYCFC and Other CG teams become suuccesful then the benefits far outweigh any negatives.

Its fine if all you can cope with is our City, no probs with that at all, but the big picture wherther you like it or not, you support it or not is irrelevant.

Its part of our history now.

warpig said:
Corky said:
warpig said:
Joint venture between Mcfc and the New York Yankees. Apparently.

Sister club suggests same parent company though doesn't it, if MCFC own the shares this would not be correct, if ADUG owned them then it would.

Depends if you view your sister as your mother or your sister as your sister I suppose. But ultimately you are right.

"The City Football Group is a holding company established to oversee the creation and administration of a network of linked clubs and other footballing operations under the aegis of Manchester City" quote from Wikipedia..

Yankees own 20% with Manchester City owning 80%. The way I understand the situation is MCFC are the owners of the holding company: CFG and have the majority share...the parent company being ADUG

Having had a brief look at the NYCFC forum it seems some of the supporters of New York CITY: and I include in this the anti-City forum members whose starting point seems a little bizarre, ill informed and unrealistic for the longterm. Of course they will develop their own culture/ identity at the club as a unique entity but to be opposed to the creators and owners from the off is rather strange....and then shit gets even more weird: There is even at least one American or American based United fan who hasn't really understood the details of this venture in the slightest. Supporting New York City and United seems at best ill-informed and at worst demented..

Rascal said:
Far too much animosity on here.

If NYCFC and Other CG teams become suuccesful then the benefits far outweigh any negatives.

Its fine if all you can cope with is our City, no probs with that at all, but the big picture wherther you like it or not, you support it or not is irrelevant.

Its part of our history now.

I whole heartedly agree benefits hopefully will outweigh the negatives, whether I support it or not is irrelevant, and its part of our history now .............. No issues with any of that.

I do have issues with supporters (most of whom have never seen a prem ground in there lives & I wonder how many have seen a "soccer pitch") SLAGGING Man City off, not wanting to be part of the project, not wanting to buy in to the vision, but simply wanting to create there own image / club, using the Man City investment.
I object to a supposed Fans forum allowing these people to do this and objecting if any one starts a City debate.
I object to fans creating a Manchester United / New York City FC avatar. I have spent a lifetime hating united and all they stand for. Why should I want to see that badge affiliated to one of Citys affiliates.
If I lived in New York and United created a franchise there then I would want nothing to do with it (as I guess the majority here would feel). So why should I/ we remain silent when we see it.

I have always followed City, and supported them through thick and thin, so when we create a new club, and the local fans of that club slag us off, want nothing to do with our songs our ethos, our vision, then they need to at least hear the debate, and not be forced off the forum.
It is nothing short of disrespectful from any of them to claim they do not want to be associated with City, though I could take that from EPL neutrals just learning the values of supporting a football club better than I can take it from an assortment of self proclaimed Rag, Spud, Scouse, Chelsea and Arsenal fans that should fuck off to Cosmos and a supposed fans forum that allows them to spout there bile

Kippax Old Local said:
warpig said:
Corky said:

"The City Football Group is a holding company established to oversee the creation and administration of a network of linked clubs and other footballing operations under the aegis of Manchester City" quote from Wikipedia..

Yankees own 20% with Manchester City owning 80%. The way I understand the situation is MCFC are the owners of the holding company: CFG and have the majority share...the parent company being ADUG

Having had a brief look at the NYCFC forum it seems some of the supporters of New York CITY: and I include in this the anti-City forum members whose starting point seems a little bizarre, ill informed and unrealistic for the longterm. Of course they will develop their own culture/ identity at the club as a unique entity but to be opposed to the creators and owners from the off is rather strange....and then shit gets even more weird: There is even at least one American or American based United fan who hasn't really understood the details of this venture in the slightest. Supporting New York City and United seems at best ill-informed and at worst demented..

ADUG owns CFG directly, there´s no ownership between MCFC and NYCFC it seems..Which is a bloody good thing because NYCFC will cost in the neighbourhood of a billion dollars to get off the ground as everything, a new stadium, training facilities, every bleeding player etc etc will have to be paid for and there´s no way that MCFC could have afforded that..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.