New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

SuperYaya said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SuperYaya said:
Would you support City reserve/youth team?

What on earth does that have to do with some American club 3000 miles away?
I too only support Manchester City.
I don't have second teams, or teams I have a soft spot for, and I certainly don't have any affinity whatsoever with this new franchise.
Like others, I wish them well because their owners are our owners, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if they were a ladies baseball team.

They are as much part of City as the reserve and or youth team. Just because they are far away doesn't change that.

Yeah right, are they fuck as much a part. I used to go down and watch our reserve team on weeknights at Maine rd.
Will you be showing the same support for melbourne and yokohama?

NYCFC_Dan said:
Hey everyone. I'm the owner of the NYCFC Forums. Personally a MCFC supporter as well.

It's kind of funny. Here in the states we have been catching a lot of flak because our rival clubs are saying we are just a bunch of city fans and in the UK as I've been reading through here a lot of you are saying we want nothing to do with City.

I'll be honest. It's 50/50.
NYC is a melting pot of different cultures and people from different backgrounds and walks of life. We have City, Liverpool, United fans and fans of other leagues. The beauty of it is that they are all putting those allegiances to the side and supporting THEIR city.
One thing I must say, on the Forums we have buckled down and stopped any City bickering. We want no part of this. OUR site, OUR Community WILL be one welcoming supporters world wide, we are very clear on that. Most of what you still hear comes from the Supporters Group (Third Rail) where they are pretty anti-city and want a pure NYC culture.
We do support the SG and have a section for them as I find it to be our duty to help grow and promote our clubs SG, even though I might not agree with them on all fronts (That has been made clear by me on the forums).
A good example of the direction this SG wants to head is the Bar they've chosen. Mad Hatter, also an official MCFC supporters bar.
Chosen simply for its location and atmosphere. They did a bar crawl hitting bars across the city and this one was voted the best. Had nothing to do with the fact it was home to City supporters and they were able to look past that and do what's best for the group. I can respect that.

The Casual Away thing is pretty dumb if you ask me but thankfully hasn't caught on. We are a young group still and you can look at that section more for brainstorming and throwing out ideas. The SG "Third Rail" is also an umbrella group. So this "casual" group would operate under it if anything.

Most of us are happy as ever to be affiliated with MCFC and are excited for the partnership. You SHOULDN'T be surprised that others aren't. They are putting their city first and NYC citizens have a lot of pride. This they feel is THEIR club and that's where the hostility comes from when a city fans strolls in and says 'you're welcome.'
For the most part, as I've mentioned before you wont find this on our forums, and if you do its quickly extinguished by our staff. One of whom actually lives in England and is a City fan.

This got lost in the shuffle as it was 2 pages back by the time my post was approved. I'm assuming because it was my first post, if not and it has to get approved again, apologies just delete it.

NYCFC_Dan said:
NYCFC_Dan said:
Hey everyone. I'm the owner of the NYCFC Forums. Personally a MCFC supporter as well.

It's kind of funny. Here in the states we have been catching a lot of flak because our rival clubs are saying we are just a bunch of city fans and in the UK as I've been reading through here a lot of you are saying we want nothing to do with City.

NYC is a melting pot of different cultures and people from different backgrounds and walks of life. We have City, Liverpool, United fans and fans of other leagues. The beauty of it is that they are all putting those allegiances to the side and supporting THEIR city.
One thing I must say, on the Forums we have buckled down and stopped any City bickering. We want no part of this. OUR site, OUR Community WILL be one welcoming supporters world wide, we are very clear on that. Most of what you still hear comes from the Supporters Group (Third Rail) where they are pretty anti-city and want a pure NYC culture.
We do support the SG and have a section for them as I find it to be our duty to help grow and promote our clubs SG, even though I might not agree with them on all fronts (That has been made clear by me on the forums).
A good example of the direction this SG wants to head is the Bar they've chosen. Mad Hatter, also an official MCFC supporters bar.
Chosen simply for its location and atmosphere. They did a bar crawl hitting bars across the city and this one was voted the best. Had nothing to do with the fact it was home to City supporters and they were able to look past that and do what's best for the group. I can respect that.

The Casual Away thing is pretty dumb if you ask me but thankfully hasn't caught on. We are a young group still and you can look at that section more for brainstorming and throwing out ideas. The SG "Third Rail" is also an umbrella group. So this "casual" group would operate under it if anything.

Most of us are happy as ever to be affiliated with MCFC and are excited for the partnership. You SHOULDN'T be surprised that others aren't. They are putting their city first and NYC citizens have a lot of pride. This they feel is THEIR club and that's where the hostility comes from when a city fans strolls in and says 'you're welcome.'
For the most part, as I've mentioned before you wont find this on our forums, and if you do its quickly extinguished by our staff. One of whom actually lives in England and is a City fan.

This got lost in the shuffle as it was 2 pages back by the time my post was approved. I'm assuming because it was my first post, if not and it has to get approved again, apologies just delete it.
Welcome to Bluemoon. Your first few posts have to be approved.

NYCFC forum says they seemingly don't want cheerleaders. Crazy in the US. I hope they see sense and at least start a gratuitous lasses thread. Madness!

NYCFC_Dan said:

To me this says it all. Any self respecting City fan would not affiliate themselves to a club purchased by Manchester United anywhere in the world.
Your Anti City contingent should simply fuck off and support New York Cosmos or LA Galaxy or one of the myriad of other MLS teams. However they want to view it NYCFC is OWNED BY MANCHESTER CITY, and is going to be affiliated to the club and its ethos. The FRANCHISE (yes thats what it currently is, hopefully it will grow an identity of its own based upon the CITY ETHOS). The target market is big enough to bring new fans to the sport, and fans of other EPL teams simply should not get onto our bandwagon then slag us off.

I really wanted to take an interest in this new exciting project, I was looking forward to talking City with NYCFC fans and share hopes and aspirations. Having seen the way the supporters view MCFC, THE PARENT CLUB, and us the City Fans I cannot get away from feeling that the club will end up being like the rogue sibling that steals from and suckers his parents.

I really do understand that your guys want a football club of there own to follow, but my advice to them would be FUCK OFF and CREATE ONE.

AS THE SONG GOES THE CITY IS OURS. If they want a NEW YORK HOTSPURS then let them create there own.

warpig said:
Corky said:
"From mcfc.co.uk: Villa becomes our sister side’s first Designated Player and soccer fans in New York will now have the opportunity to watch one of the biggest names in world football when the inaugural campaign begins early next year."

So not a subsidiary then?

Joint venture between Mcfc and the New York Yankees. Apparently.

Sister club suggests same parent company though doesn't it, if MCFC own the shares this would not be correct, if ADUG owned them then it would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.