New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

ADUG owns CFG directly, there´s no ownership between MCFC and NYCFC it seems..Which is a bloody good thing because NYCFC will cost in the neighbourhood of a billion dollars to get off the ground as everything, a new stadium, training facilities, every bleeding player etc etc will have to be paid for and there´s no way that MCFC could have afforded that..[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but can you point me to your reference.

As far as I understand
ADUG owns MCFC
Which in turn owns CFG
CFG own NYCFC franchise rights and Melbourne City / Heart

Inter company finance is discounted by FFP and that is (probably) somehow drawn from ADUG as you are right City can't afford it on there own merit

MrE said:
I understand what you are saying, but can you point me to your reference.
As far as I understand
ADUG owns MCFC
Which in turn owns CFG
CFG own NYCFC franchise rights and Melbourne City / Heart

Inter company finance is discounted by FFP and that is (probably) somehow drawn from ADUG as you are right City can't afford it on there own merit

No problem..
<a class="postlink" href="http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08355862/CITY-FOOTBALL-GROUP-LIMITED/group-structure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08355 ... -structure</a>

Clearly stating that the only shareholder is ABU DHABI UNITED GROUP INVESTMENT & DEVELOPMENT LTD

It also answers why it was necessary to get such posh offices in central London, it´s actually where CFG operates from it seems.

Some of the responses on here crack me up. I'm not going to defend my allegiance to city, I love the club and hope to see them at the Etihad some day. Closest I've come is the Chelsea game in St Louis. Great time. I was a fan when we were shit. But i am also very excited about where the club is going. For us to get there we need revenue. Until FFP goes away we need to find every revenue stream possible. The sheik can't just dump money in. We need fans in Asia, Africa, the continent. And god forbid we tap the market here in America. People on here complain about ticket prices and the tourists in the same breath. Unfortunately some have to start thinking lime a Big Team now. Hopefully the expansion will keep ticket prices reasonable for you, but, tourists will come to see the team. Hell, in one breadth I'd be a drain for being a tourist, in another I'm not a real fan unless I go to the Etihad. In this day and age you can't have success without "selling" your club to everyone. This venture looks like it can increase brand awareness and possibly get new fans. Who will spend money. Even if they never get to the Etihad they can still be very important fans. Why do you think the club keeps coming here to the States?
For the record I won't be fully supporting NYCFC . I am an FC Dallas fan after all. I do hope they do well for us financially and it wil be great to see some of our young lads play.
It's a muffin by the way. The fuck is a barm ( never heard my parents use that term, lol. I'll have to ask Mom ).

MrE said:
Rascal said:
Far too much animosity on here.

If NYCFC and Other CG teams become suuccesful then the benefits far outweigh any negatives.

Its fine if all you can cope with is our City, no probs with that at all, but the big picture wherther you like it or not, you support it or not is irrelevant.

Its part of our history now.

I whole heartedly agree benefits hopefully will outweigh the negatives, whether I support it or not is irrelevant, and its part of our history now .............. No issues with any of that.

I do have issues with supporters (most of whom have never seen a prem ground in there lives & I wonder how many have seen a "soccer pitch") SLAGGING Man City off, not wanting to be part of the project, not wanting to buy in to the vision, but simply wanting to create there own image / club, using the Man City investment.
I object to a supposed Fans forum allowing these people to do this and objecting if any one starts a City debate.
I object to fans creating a Manchester United / New York City FC avatar. I have spent a lifetime hating united and all they stand for. Why should I want to see that badge affiliated to one of Citys affiliates.
If I lived in New York and United created a franchise there then I would want nothing to do with it (as I guess the majority here would feel). So why should I/ we remain silent when we see it.

I have always followed City, and supported them through thick and thin, so when we create a new club, and the local fans of that club slag us off, want nothing to do with our songs our ethos, our vision, then they need to at least hear the debate, and not be forced off the forum.
It is nothing short of disrespectful from any of them to claim they do not want to be associated with City, though I could take that from EPL neutrals just learning the values of supporting a football club better than I can take it from an assortment of self proclaimed Rag, Spud, Scouse, Chelsea and Arsenal fans that should fuck off to Cosmos and a supposed fans forum that allows them to spout there bile

If only City fans are allowed fandom of NYCFC you won't have to fret about it for very long. There will be of fair few long time blues in their fan base but will mostly be an amalgamation of locals supporting various European teams.

You are well within your right to ignore the team entirely but to place on them your notion of what their club should be is fairly ridiculous.

Blue Smarties said:
I've just been banned on their forum for 'spam'. Their fans seem very rag/RAWK like. Think I'll be sticking to discussing the club (owned by our own) on here.
Lol, you've got a strange definition of 'spam'. I get spam offering me free start up cash to play crap online slot machines. I've never had spam that calls me a 'cockwomble' multiple times.

ColinLee said:
Blue Smarties said:
I've just been banned on their forum for 'spam'. Their fans seem very rag/RAWK like. Think I'll be sticking to discussing the club (owned by our own) on here.
Lol, you've got a strange definition of 'spam'. I get spam offering me free start up cash to play crap online slot machines. I've never had spam that calls me a 'cockwomble' multiple times.
G'wed then lad?

213m6v8.png

Their fans seem very RAWK/Un*ted like.

Blue Smarties said:
ColinLee said:
Blue Smarties said:
G'wed then lad?

213m6v8.png

Perhaps they haven't got a drop down option for 'cockwomble' yet? They have only recently started up you know. Give them time.

Blue Smarties said:
ColinLee said:
Blue Smarties said:
G'wed then lad?

213m6v8.png

I have no idea why it came up as spam, but I'm pretty sure you got banned for your "cockwomble" and "complete dick" post. As I tried to warn you before you got kicked (not by me) the CoC for that forum specifically ban that kind of language aimed at other fans. I'm fairly willing to give a warning first and wait to see if people calm down, others aren't. You got banned for the language you were using at other users.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.