New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

^ Isn't he posting a picture of rags as an example of how they don't want to look? I read the whole post and it seems he wants their supporters wearing kits unlike the black coats at the swamp.

It seems like there's a small but very active group on both forums trying to promote conflict between MCFC fans and NYCFC fans. Not cool.

Blue Haze said:
^ Isn't he posting a picture of rags as an example of how they don't want to look? I read the whole post and it seems he wants their supporters wearing kits unlike the black coats at the swamp.

It seems like there's a small but very active group on both forums trying to promote conflict between MCFC fans and NYCFC fans. Not cool.

Fair enough. Not trying to promote conflict, just defending MCFC when necessary.

From the impression I get, the chap isn't used to running an online forum. He's trying to be the big I am because he's got a shiny online badge and some tools that allow him control of the website. Not cool when people are there to discuss football and don't care for sucking his maggot dick.

Blue Haze said:

That's exactly what he was doing, just looking at the pretty pictures without actually reading his post is dumb.

ColinLee said:
Blue Haze said:

That's exactly what he was doing, just looking at the pretty pictures without actually reading his post is dumb.

I read his post, and saw the comment about Black coats, I would have got it had a pic of Blues accompanied it (though still not funny) but I think he was proving that fans came in kit (Uniform) to games and I thought using a Rag Pic like that is inappropriate considering the aims of that site.

Like Blue Smarties I also think the bloke is trying to big up his status and is inexperienced at running an online forum.

What I and others do not like is that Pro City discussion is stopped in its tracks for (his) fear of putting off supporters of other teams. He appears scared to promote our club for fear of upsetting fans of other EPL teams in New York.

He is not going to change his mind, so let him continue promoting NYCFC in the manner he sees fit.

If you look at the market in NYC and the USA many of the fans are "soccer" lovers who have some limited knowledge of one of the traditional big clubs (There will be some genuine fans amongst them) who have to defend there own traditional views. Lets face it a genuine fully fledged Man U fan would not want anything to do with a club connected to City. How ironic that they will be spending money some of which will filter back to us, and be wearing blue. And that is great.

What I don't like is these fans are giving the new fans who have no knowledge of football a tainted view of City. How we bought titles, how we got a rich mans money and bought them... How their club is not owned by City but the rich man is there way of coping with the City connection.

While undoubtedly much of the above is true (lets face it had the Sheik not bought us we wouldn't be where we are now. City does have a history, City do have a culture, and City did not spend as much money on there way to the title as the traditional clubs have.

<a class="postlink" href="http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/01/transfer-records-and-why-they-mata/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/01/transfe ... they-mata/</a>

Whilst we do not want another Chivas and want the project to be successful, the education of these folk (those that can be educated) needs to start with how to defend themselves against the limited knowledge views of those that think they have knowledge of how we got there.

How FFP has benefited the traditional big clubs, how they used there power in the past to keep clubs like City down, How Uefa moved FFP goalposts etc.

We do not want to ram this down there throats and argue with them. If they want to support NYCFC and indirectly us then there is a chance we can win them over.

But if the majority that go to games understand our club, can show the fans at games that City are good guys, and can promote the image on MCFC, NYCFC and all CFG teams it will be good the club and the family in the long run.

Let him run his site his way, if it gets us a few fans great, he knows America. But again I ask please Ric / Mods put up a NYCFC board and let us speak to those Americans that want to know about City. Don't leave there knowledge to that forum as we will end up with a sister team that hate us.

I think people on here have trouble understanding that teams like NYCFC or others like Melbourne don´t exist to promote Manchester City or sort of fill their coffers.. They are clubs in their own rights but within the same ownership as MCFC and their finances are separate from MCFC (thank God),

S04 said:
I think people on here have trouble understanding that teams like NYCFC or others like Melbourne don´t exist to promote Manchester City or sort of fill their coffers.. They are clubs in their own rights but within the same ownership as MCFC and their finances are separate from MCFC (thank God),

This definitely.

And surely many people in the US that get into NYCFC will not be MCFC supporters. Obviously. Most people in the US that like the sport have knowledge of the PL. (And prior to the mid-90s this was the only league people could generally follow.)

But I look at this through the prism of the "long game." The young lads being introduced to the game in the future. Obviously there would be a predilection for them to become MCFC fans if their first team was NYCFC.

That will be good in the longer term certainly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.