New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

No doubt Edelman is kept busy in New York..He IS one of the really big real estate attorneys there.

Martin Edelman is the tall-building lawyer. For more than 30 years, he's handled some of the biggest and most complex real estate deals in the world.

Most often representing developers and fund managers, he recently worked on the sales of interests in major New York properties, including 650 Madison Ave., 1345 Ave. of the Americas and 299 Park Ave.

As more multinational deals have emerged during his three-decade career, he has spread his practice internationally. In 2009, he advised an Abu Dhabi government-owned investment company in the purchase of a $4 billion semiconductor manufacturer in Singapore.

Interestingly the Mail are claiming to have some kind of insider knowledge that City are looking to set up similar deals in Mexico, China and south-east Asia.

Could just be speculation of course as their article does look quite like it's based around finding any scrap of extra information which they can use that no-one else has claimed yet.

Hey guys. I just had to create an account because this is all fascinating to me. I grew up in North Jersey just a few miles from NYC, and very recently moved to Columbus at the same time I was becoming an MLS fan. Currently a proud supporter of Columbus Crew. This seems like it would be a good deal for your club. A lot of people here in America think it's bad for MLS, but in my opinion this is a home run for both sides (especially ours).

Putting a second team in NYC, in and of itself, is like printing money since very few New Yorkers actually have the means to attend a game in Harrision, NJ. This is very different from the Chivas USA "Stadium Share" situation. Plus, the club would draw ire from plenty of Manchester United fans. Conflict = ratings. Fact of life.

A link with a club the stature of Man City would be another step at increasing our quality of play. Again, this is a massive improvement over the stupid situation where Chivas acts as a feeder to what's supposedly our rival in Liga MX. As pathetic as this sounds, the mere notion that a club of Manchester City's stature would even bother to take our league seriously is a very good deal.

I dunno, I hope it happens.

since I live in queens in nyc, my personal take is that the investment will not be confirmed until the real estate deal goes through. There is a lot of opposition for this in the community as the stadium would be on public parkland. not a nice way of promoting a club that partners the community. i'm actually not too pleased with it as the deal is brokered by the mayor of New York who has changed the landscape of nyc by making it a very difficult place to live. love city, but don't want this deal to happen regardless of the money they will drop.
as for the mayor, this is his second time attempting this. he wanted to place a football arena in manhattan and was denied by the city council. land available for development is very scarce in nyc

Say all of this comes to light, would we be able to negate ffp by nyc signing let's say messi for laughs for an obscene amount of money then them loan him to us season after season?

Some of the articles I've read in relation to this news about Mansour and ADUG forming a club in The MLS are disgusting.

I can't believe I read an article actually mentioning "Jihad"
Yes it did imply that ADUG as investors would not be Jihadists but the mere thought of them (The US Media) even contemplating it makes me sick.

I am looking forward to seeing a club owned by ADUG in MLS, would be nice if they played in Sky Blue and helped develop our EDS players.

But I'm already seeing strong opposition from White America about this.

Keith Moon said:
Guess the stadium will be built next to the Mets "ballpark" Citi Field..

thats it then. The club is doomed to failure!!!! BTW I am a Mets fan!!! Think the gerry Creaney/Kit Symons era and thats how good the Mets are!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.