New York City FC

He scored great goals for them didn't he?
Was it the money he was paid?
They should see what we pay out

I think it was the fact that they were promised Frank as one of their marquee (or whatever the MLS calls them) signings, and then he ended up playing the whole season here before he joined up with them.

Think it stems from them feeling shafted over the Lampard loan
I used to read some on their message board and there was a bit of that, yes. They HATED him until he got there and started playing well for them.

I think much of it is they are also Rag, red Dipper fans with a few Celtic Irish descent types sprinkled in for good measure.

I used to read some on their message board and there was a bit of that, yes. They HATED him until he got there and started playing well for them.

I think much of it is they are also Rag, red Dipper fans with a few Celtic Irish descent types sprinkled in for good measure.
There was a NYC fan on here at the time, absolutely rabid about the Frank thing.... for weeks!

So NYCFC fans hate City?
Can't believe that.
We are owned by the same people.
They're latest managers (Viera and Torent) are ex-City people.
They wear the same colours as City.
It is likely that they will get some of our players in the future.
What is it with these Ham shanks ay?
'kin 'ell, they probably don't mind the Red Bulls

A lot of them are fans of utd, pool, arse, chelsea etc and completely disassociate NYCFC with MCFC. American sports are different. Over here, it's franchises, not clubs, and those franchises can move at will. The Indianapolis colts used to play in Baltimore. The Tennessee Titans used to be the Houston Oilers. Utah Jazz was once New Orleans Jazz. The list goes on & on & on. Imagine all of a sudden, we had to support Macclesfield City now, because our owners thought the financial benefits of playing there outweighed playing in M'cr. It's fickle, and the fans are fickle glory hunters. They simply can't wrap their heads around the fact that NYCFC & MCFC are very closely related. I get a good chuckle seeing rags wearing sky blue shirts with ETIHAD on the front. The irony is lost on them

A lot of them are fans of utd, pool, arse, chelsea etc and completely disassociate NYCFC with MCFC. American sports are different. Over here, it's franchises, not clubs, and those franchises can move at will. The Indianapolis colts used to play in Baltimore. The Tennessee Titans used to be the Houston Oilers. Utah Jazz was once New Orleans Jazz. The list goes on & on & on. Imagine all of a sudden, we had to support Macclesfield City now, because our owners thought the financial benefits of playing there outweighed playing in M'cr. It's fickle, and the fans are fickle glory hunters. They simply can't wrap their heads around the fact that NYCFC & MCFC are very closely related. I get a good chuckle seeing rags wearing sky blue shirts with ETIHAD on the front. The irony is lost on them
I understand the franchise thing with American Sport.
However, is this an American Sport?
Will New York City ever play anywhere other than New York?
Or LA Galaxy anywhere but there?
Surely not

I understand the franchise thing with American Sport.
However, is this an American Sport?
Will New York City ever play anywhere other than New York?
Or LA Galaxy anywhere but there?
Surely not
Those are huge markets, no NYC & LA teams aren't going anywhere. But teams do move. Columbus was looking to move to Texas from Ohio

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.