New York City FC

Terrible. Vieira and the players have a lot to answer for.

Vieira was a very mediocre manager at EDS level, not sure why people thought he'd be any different in NYC, nor why so many people think he'll be some kind of wondermanager for MCFC after his "training period".

Hahaha 0-3

Mansour come get your players and shoot them.

Vieira was a very mediocre manager at EDS level, not sure why people thought he'd be any different in NYC, nor why so many people think he'll be some kind of wondermanager for MCFC after his "training period".

I was sort of wondering about that too. Thought he would have done much better at youth level if he were a top caliber coach.

How was that 3rd goal un-saveable? He dived in slow motion it bounced twice on its way in, hardly a rocket.

I really think their whole style of play is hampered by the size of that pitch it's too dangerous playing out from the back all the time there's just no space, it's no co-incidence they play better away from home.

I was sort of wondering about that too. Thought he would have done much better at youth level if he were a top caliber coach.

Honestly, I have thought since the day it became obvious Vieira was going to be hired in NYC that the most interesting thing about it all would be how CFG would react if he were to turn out to be a poor appointment. Do they sack him, thus throwing away numerous years of development, offering the potential for it to come back to bite them if he does better elsewhere and raising questions about their judgement if his career rolls to a halt? Do they try to reassign him, coming with its own issues of wasted resources and decision-making? Or do they just let him carry on even if it's clear that he's taking the club nowhere fast.

This whole "managerial progression" thing that they seemingly only really want to do because it's how Pep came into management really does only look good on them if it works. If it doesn't, it raises serious questions.

Bad half but bit early to write off Vieira on the strength of 45 minutes after a pretty good run.

Bad half but bit early to write off Vieira on the strength of 45 minutes after a pretty good run.

I'm not writing him off, just saying that I don't conform to the hype that surrounds him on a lot of this forum. Also, I'm not writing him off on this performance, I just haven't thought NYCFC have performed that well all season - even the games they've won have felt close-run and a lot of their game is very unorganised. Plus, I just don't think he was very good in charge of the EDS. That group of kids underperformed under him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.