New York City FC

Yeh the last few games I saw a much better team than last season, the playing philosophy is beginning to work... this game is a derby and they have simply lost their composure and their heads at times that's the players not the coach.

Honestly, I have thought since the day it became obvious Vieira was going to be hired in NYC that the most interesting thing about it all would be how CFG would react if he were to turn out to be a poor appointment. Do they sack him, thus throwing away numerous years of development, offering the potential for it to come back to bite them if he does better elsewhere and raising questions about their judgement if his career rolls to a halt? Do they try to reassign him, coming with its own issues of wasted resources and decision-making? Or do they just let him carry on even if it's clear that he's taking the club nowhere fast.

This whole "managerial progression" thing that they seemingly only really want to do because it's how Pep came into management really does only look good on them if it works. If it doesn't, it raises serious questions.
If he's no good, cut our losses. I don't see the point in retaining someone who can't help us. No matter how big their name is.

Pep was a one-off. Acting like we'll be making Peps in a coaching factory is folly.

And there's another. 0-4

Yeh the last few games I saw a much better team than last season, the playing philosophy is beginning to work... this game is a derby and they have simply lost their composure and their heads at times that's the players not the coach.

so you think the manager has no blame into this??? is he the one who choise the players and tactics....

so you think the manager has no blame into this??? is he the one who choise the players and tactics....
Individual mistakes for every goal conceded they are literally passing to the opposition yards out from their own goal... yeh blame the manager. Playing out from the back is nothing new it works in every league in the world why should this be different?

Also he inherited this team he didn't choose it so you're wrong there.

Individual mistakes for every goal conceded they are literally passing to the opposition yards out from their own goal... yeh blame the manager. Playing out from the back is nothing new it works in every league in the world why should this be different?

Also he inherited this team he didn't choose it so you're wrong there.

The Red Bulls' entire gameplan is to press defenders hard as they play the ball around the back. NYCFC should have altered their tactics to minimise the amount of time the ball is with the back five.

Also, the squad isn't entirely inherited. Fully 10 of the squad are Vieira signings already, and five of the players on the pitch. That said, rather like most of Pellegrini's signings were actually Txiki signings, Claudio Reyna is the one who decides the club's hiring policy in NYC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.