New York City FC

It reminded me of similar gloomy days at Maine Road.
We certainly had some gloomy days at Maine Road, but I don't remember many home hammering's like that, thankfully, and certainly not by teams of similar ability. I can remember one 0-4 beating by Charlton, that I left in disgust before the end, as a particular low point.

In fact it was 1-4 as I've just looked it up, we scored a consolation penalty after I'd left.

We certainly had some gloomy days at Maine Road, but I don't remember many home hammering's like that, thankfully, and certainly not by teams of similar ability. I can remember one 0-4 beating by Charlton, that I left in disgust before the end, as a particular low point.

In fact it was 1-4 as I've just looked it up, we scored a consolation penalty after I'd left.
You left early....? What the fuck?

I remember us losing 5-1 to Mansfield at Maine Road in the League Cup around 1961. Albert Scanlon, ex Busby babe was playing for them and spent half the match exchanging banter with the crowd.

Vieira getting found out pretty quickly, assign to the David Platt category. Well done BWP, shame SWP didn't get on.

I've watched bits of that game, & the goals in particular, & there is absolutely no excuse for the performance of the players on pretty much every goal.

There's no 'we should have played 5 in midfield' or 'we fucked up.playing 3 at the back' , 'we were caught with too many going forward' all the usual logic, the players are pretty much all there, in position to stop every single goal. It's a fucking disgrace, the half arsed way they apply themselves to it.

I feel sorry for Vieira & for David Villa, who is too good to be amongst shit like that.
Villa played awful.

Maybe, but in all the games he has run his balls off playing with a bunch of absolute thick as shit no marks. It must be soul destroying.

I said on here when he was first signed. "Wait until he realizes what he has got himself into".
If he doesn't get back to playing proper football, in a proper league he'll probably top himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.